Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Swinley
  • thepits
    Free Member

Anyone got the latest on Swinley, was going on Sunday but heard a lot of the trails are closed.

cheers

Dave

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Mostly open last time I checked, I think the end of sticker is closed, just the last few meters where it joins the muddy bog/fire road.

thepits
    Free Member

Thanks
    I’ll be there with about 15 clubmates from bigfoot cc 8.30 at the lookout if you or anyone else would like to join us.
    cheers
    Dave

thepurist

Yesterday Stickler was closed, a couple of parts at the bottom end of the 9 yards were also shut affecting the area from the bit with the U bend to the manhole cover. A couple of other less used runs to the N of Watsons Wander are blocked by the new trail building. But stay away from that and it’s all good to go, if a little mucky!

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I wish I had gone there today. Surrey Hills were disappointingly gloomy, so hope you have more fun at Swinley. Does the new work make the trails more weather proof?

rewski
    Free Member

Did you get over to Leith/Coldharbour? Thinking of heading over Sunday, it usually holds up and drains pretty well.

EDIT: nah bother to reply, just read your other post, some days are like that, will just get some miles in on the NDW Sunday.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Rewski, to be fair it was quite mixed for this time of year. The frozen bits were great but middle sections below Tower and the bottom half (after the mini plantation) of SL were crap. In addition to not being fun, I felt I was doing damage to the trails more than anything, so best left in peace until they dry. All the little bomb holes at the top and below the Tower are quite churny.

rewski
    Free Member

Cheers for the heads up, I’ve those ridden the bomb holes like that before, you feel like your front wheel is sinking into the bog leading to an inevitable OTB situation. Swinley holds up pretty well, especially the orange trails.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

There were a couple of real beauties just as you describe rewski 😉

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Swinley’ is closed to new replies.