Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Swing arm protector for Orange Alpine?
  • benji_allen
    Free Member

Keep meaning to get one. Would the Lizard Skinz Swingarm one fit, as all the pictures I've seen look like it's got a split in it that's specific to a certain (American) frame?

MrNutt
    Free Member

innertube?

robhughes
    Free Member
    AndyPaice
    Free Member

cut up an old tyre and zip tie a narrow strip of the tyre to the underside of the drive side swingarm. A mate has done this to his A160 and it's quietened it no end.

noidea
    Free Member

I used this on mine http://www.biketart.com/products/framewrap , not pretty but does a good job.

GaryLake
    Free Member

On my five , I just helicopter taped the underside of the swingarm.

ddmonkey

I use self adhesive velcro (the furry side) along the bottom, works a treat and stops noise too.

nickegg
    Free Member

Just zip tie inner tubes to it.

Did that on both sides on of my 5, protects the big swing arm sides from scuffs and makes it abit quieter too.

Looks crap but it's a bike!

chunkypaul
    Free Member

just a bit of helicopter tape under the swingarm sorts any chain slap, a lizard skinz or inner tube looks terrible imo

andycs

Ok, what's Helicopter Tape then?

TheGingerOne

I don't think an innertube stretched over the swingarm looks bad myself -although it does depend on the frame colour of course.

DrRSwank
    Free Member

Got a lizard skin on mine – but that only covers the lower part of the swing arm – but then that is the bit that gets mullered by the chain…..

benji_allen
    Free Member

Is that a standard Lizard Skin?

DrRSwank
    Free Member

No – it's a tidgy one. I don't know what sizes they come in but it'd fit around a hartails standard tubed rear triangle.

Works fine and keeps the chain off the frame.

The upper part of the rear triangle is still exposed – but little hits it….

benji_allen
    Free Member

Good idea.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Ohhhhhhh. @rsew**k. 😆

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Swing arm protector for Orange Alpine?’ is closed to new replies.