• This topic has 46 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Swine Flu jabs for children…
  • Drac

The uptake of vaccine has also potentially been affected by the fact that snow became the most important news item over the past month, and that the cold weather has also helped to control the disease by stopping people getting out and about and mixing with one another.

So 2 weeks made a whole difference, yeah right.

matthewlhome
    Free Member

sorry STW – the NHS know nothing! The key comment the guy made was that there is normally a 2nd flu peak after xmas when people go back to work and schools return. this didnt really happen at the normal time this year, so people who were infectious were not mixing in nice warm buildings where the infection would thrive.

was just passing on a comment from a health professional whom I imagine would know a lot more about vaccination programmes than the average stw member.

Drac

Ah yes that's right I forgot no one has gone back to work yet, silly me.

antigee

GrahamS – Member
    Yep, currently seems to be something like:

risk of infection: small and dropping
    risk of complications from infection: small
    risk of unknown issues with vaccine: minuscule

thought risk of complications is substantially higher in infants especially chest/breathing?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

antigee – yes it would appear so – still small but higher than the general population

matthewlhome
    Free Member

no but a lot of people did delay. the news made a big fuss on the millions our economy was losing.

Drac

no but a lot of people did delay. the news made a big fuss on the millions our economy was losing.

So because there was a delay that made all the difference as Swine Flu had been booked in for the week before. I'm sorry but I don't buy it, people still went back to work in largish numbers, the schools were delayed yes but a majority of places went back as normal.

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Swine Flu jabs for children…’ is closed to new replies.