Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Swine Flu jabs
  • timbur
    Free Member

Anyone got any opinions on these?
    My doctors called up on Friday to book my son in (he was 3 yesterday) He's in today at lunchtime. All feels a bit last minute seeing as they're stopping the jabs as of April as they are no longer demmed necessary.
    Are they just using supplies for the sake of it?
    Te potential side effects aren't nice. Anyones kids had it yet? How did you get on?
    Cheers
    Tim
    (a bit worried)

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

I wouldn't bother. It's not as bad as normal flu.

gonefishin
    Free Member

It's not as bad as normal flu.

Yeah, coz "normal" flu doesn't have the potential to kill or anything. As for side effects, all medical treatments have the potential to cause side effects and this jab is no different.

Are they just using supplies for the sake of it?

Possbly, or perhaps they are trying to get as much immunity to this 'flu virus into the community as possible which is likely to lead to long term benefits to the community as a whole.

timbur
    Free Member

gonefishin – tell me more. Happy to be educated :O)

gonefishin
    Free Member

On the community thing, there hasn't been an outbreak of this sort of 'flu for a very long time consequently there was relatively little immunity in the general population. One group that did have some immunity was the elderly who had been exposed previously. This is probably one of the reasons that there were relatively few deaths in that section of the population. Getting your son immunised now would mean that if at some point in the future this sort of virus re-occurs then he would have at least some immunity. There is still a long term potential benefit to getting this jab.

There are of course just possibilites (like the side effects) and are by no means certain. You should probably treat this advice like all medical advice received on a bike forum, with suspicion.

Drac

I choose not to bother with my youngest as didn't think it was necessary as also suspect she'd already had it. As it turns out the huge hype of the pandemic and 10s of thousands of deaths was just that hype and it didn't happen.

Swine flu jab is marked down as one of the likely seasonal jabs for this coming winter though.

timbur
    Free Member

:O) Thank you. Varied opinions are always good as you see all sides of the arguement.

Drac

To put it simply, the kids is yours take advice on board and listen to both arguments but don't let anyone tell you what you should do decide for yourselves.

timbur
    Free Member

Very true Drac.
    I not like the u-turn on vacination and the feeling the doctors are forcing the remaining drugs to be used when they might not be needed.

Drac

Not so much a uturn just that flu cases drop this time if year anyway. Add that to the fact it was far from a pandemic then it no longer needs the mass immunisation they thought.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Swine Flu jabs’ is closed to new replies.