• This topic has 12 replies, 11 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Drac.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Swine flu jab for under 5s
  • rusty-trowel
    Free Member

We've booked our 3 year old in for a swine flu jab next Thursday after getting a letter from our GPs. Has anyone had this done? or have any words of wisdom as we are not convinced we really want to get it done. Still haven't had a letter asking the missus to get done though, I thought pregnant women were going to be the priority.

dt5714
    Free Member

Not had it done, but had the letter for our 2 year old and not booked anything yet, would be grateful if you could pass on your experience.

Drac

I choose not to for our little one, she's a strong thing and I reckon they've both had the swine flu already. That and it's doesn't seem to exist any more it's now death by snow.

ballsofcottonwool
    Free Member

Side effects of the vaccination, a sore arm.

Side effects of Swine flu in under 5's and pregnant women may include death

rusty-trowel
    Free Member

I would imagine the main experience will be of a little girl screaming while a nurse whacks a needle in her arm.

marcus7
    Free Member

my daughter is up for hers next week, to be honest i treat it as just another one in the list she has had already, not sure of its importance as i've not seen much in the media but still i take the veiw that i would rather not risk it…as for the injection itself we just promise a tube of smarties and jobs a good un!

MountainMutant
    Free Member

We've had our two done.

One and a half year old girl took it like a man, hardly a whimper.

Three and a half year old boy. End of the world, surprised none of you heard the screams! All soon forgotten with some sweets after the jab.

Not noticed any side effects. Both as difficult as usual!

MM

mrchrispy

>Three and a half year old boy. End of the world, surprised none of you heard the screams!

LOL – i feel your pain, our 3 year old lad is a propper queen when it comes to injections, his 2 year old sister doesn't bat an eye lid.

I know where he gets it from…i cry lake a baby when they do me!

aracer
    Free Member

Almost 3 year old and 8 month old booked in for Saturday. From all I read the conclusion was that you're better off having it than not (I started off being cynical). Some minor side effects, but it would seem it does potentially save lives.

fubar
    Free Member

A couple of weeks before christmas we got our 'urgent' letter asking us to phone and make a booking ASAP. I phone to be told that the first clinic is the 26th ..boxing day ?…no 26th January !?!

2tyred

Our two (4yo and 20 months) had it before Christmas – only noticeable side effect was a sore arm for a couple of days.

missingfrontallobe
    Free Member

Long thread on this last year http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/swine-flu-jab-for-under-5s

Dept of Health Advice last year was that even if swine flu infection had been suspected or diagnosed based on symptoms, imm should still go ahead.

My son is too old to have been incorporated in this scheme, and doesn't have any risk categories. I had SF jab due to job & long term neurological condition, no difference in side effects between the SF jab & the seasonal flu jab that I had in the other arm on the same day.

Drac

Dept of Health Advice last year was that even if swine flu infection had been suspected or diagnosed based on symptoms, imm should still go ahead.

Their advice was also that there was going to a pandemic this winter due to the swine flu, it didn't happen.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Swine flu jab for under 5s’ is closed to new replies.