Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Swimming Shorts – cheap funtional MTB short ?
  • noltae
    Free Member

Good in the Wet – Quick Drying
    Perfect baggy just above knee length
    Undershorts fit once inner mesh cut out
    Durable
    Camouflage £5 from Tesco (£9 RRP)

rOcKeTdOg

matt_outandabout

IdleJon

Why would swimming shorts be quick drying? (Or durable for MTBing for that matter?)

noltae
    Free Member

Those pics are trunks !

redthunder
    Free Member

Not club shorts are they _;)

JoeG
    Free Member

Definitely wear a mankini! 😆

warpcow
    Free Member

I have 2 pairs of Haglöfs Amfibie shorts (lightweight, quick-drying hiking shorts, but basically just swimming shorts without a liner), which are by far my favourite biking shorts now, for the reasons you give. Could be worth a go.

tomaso
    Free Member

I used to when I was skint. They do dry quick and go over Lycra shorts just like baggies. Hard to find them with zip pockets…

Superficial
    Free Member

You might expect the tesco shorts to disintegrate pretty quickly at the seat and I bet they have seams in all the wrong places. But worth a go if you want?

My new Scott riding shorts do look suspiciously like board shorts.

timbo678
    Free Member

Yeah I do it, wear old boardies over lycra bib shorts – comfortable, light and easy. Get surf specific ones which usually have a key pocket with some cord to tie the key too

Unsurprisingly they ain’t very waterproof…!

Tracey

Use to do it with the girls when they were young and growing fast, thank god for Start Cycles and their Scott sale. We have all been kitted out with new shorts this year, cant go wrong with a pair of shorts and a liner and have change out of a tenner

DezB
    Free Member

…Haglöfs… Could be worth a go.

I think the OP was recommending some cheap shorts. I don’t think you were. 😉

noltae
    Free Member

I don’t think there is much correlation between cost of shorts and durability of the stitching – sad but true … Boardshorts are available cheap and unless one requires gnarled out downhill protection very functional … Oh and the just below knee look that so many MTB shorts adopt is a little too Chav dad these days ..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Swimming Shorts – cheap funtional MTB short ?’ is closed to new replies.