Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Swimming shorts
  • singletracksurfer

Baggy Shorts are really annoying me swimming, but I don’t really want the skintight lycra short type things – is there anything good in between, like the Gore bibaggies?

jam-bo

but I don’t really want the skintight lycra short type things

Why not? No one cares and they really are much nicer to swim in.

bearnecessities

Agreed. Go full Club Tropicana and get some speedo aquashorts.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Tight trunks, plenty of manufacturers doing these and they perform perfectly for swimming.

Don’t really see what your problem with them is.

garage-dweller

For lengths go for the Lycra short things and be done with it. Much better to swim in. Noone really cares even if you have some middle age spread

Baggies for me leisure swimming with the kids though.

jambalaya
    Free Member

My casual holiday swimwear are baggies or board shorts but any sort of fitness swimming should be done in Lycra. Once you are in the water no one can see anything anyway.

giant_scum
    Free Member

Decathlon do a pair of proper swim shorts, get them snug fitting and they are great for all strokes except breaststroke. As others have said proper swimming should be done in lycra swim trunks. https://www.decathlon.co.uk/b-free-mens-swim-shorts-troga-black-id_8335897.html

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

. Once you are in the water no one can see anything anyway.

Unless you’re doing backstroke.

thegreatape
    Free Member

As Mrs TGA bluntly but correctly pointed out when I was resisting the purchase of proper Lycra swimming shorts for my now regular proper swimming, “your belly hangs over the top whichever type you get, so you might as well get the proper ones”.

matt_outandabout

Are you planning hols in France? If so, tight all the way unless sir wants to use the hire speedo’s…….

burko73

That’s why decathalon is doing so well in France. You go on holiday with your board shorts, they won’t let you in the pool somoff to decathalon for a cheap pair of speedos, whilst you’re there that archery set looks like a bargain…… and that inflatable kayak….. oh, and hold on love, what about these flippers, they are good value…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Yep, jammers.

iainc

Speedo jammers here, ideal for proper swimming. Wear baggies for leisure swimming with kids etc

Rubber_Buccaneer

Whatever’s comfortable

singletracksurfer

hmm ok as they seem acceptable now then I’ll just get some budgie smugglers.

Thanks.

iainc

^^^ err, no they ain’t ! 😀

Look on Wiggle in the swim section. Lots of fitted Speedo ones that are more boxer shaped and look a whole load less pervy……

qwerty
    Free Member

Become a sexy beast

zippykona

When I changed from baggy to cycle short type I immediately had to move to the medium lane as people were getting in my way in the slow lane.
    Instant speed.

takisawa2

Shortly before a French trawler intervened & dragged me out to sea, I wore Speedo type affairs on holiday, as baggies were not allowed. I was quite a sight, so the wife tells me. 😆

itsallgood

Get yourself some Speedo or Decathlon jammers if you are swimming laps. If nothing else the social anxiety might spur you on to swim faster.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Swimming shorts’ is closed to new replies.