• This topic has 13 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by sc-xc.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Swimming pool near Ambleside?
  • ahsat

We are in the Lakes over new year, but whilst I wait for my knee surgery I can’t do any cycling or any big walks. Wondering if anyone knows of any swimming pools near Ambleside? I can only find public pools in Keswick and Kendall. I was hoping to be able to do something self sufficient whilst the rest of the family went out. I don’t mind paying for a day pass to a hotel pool if sensibly priced.

Cheers

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

There definitely used to be one as we used to use the showers there.

(for showering after walking all day…)

nonk
    Free Member

Salutation hotel have one that’s part of the health spar thing I think it’s about twenty quid to use the spar facilities for the day

tomhoward

Seem to remember there’s a massive outdoor one, at the bottom end of the village? Begins with a W? 😉

marcus7
    Free Member

Had this a few years back and there are non as far as we could tell, the salutation have a nice pool but id guess it would be pricey for non residents, the macdonald spa in bowness is the same. Ive been to the one in keswick thats ok. Oh and the lake school gym but it was over £20 for four!!

chrisdavids

Pool at Troutbeck Bridge next to Lakes School.
    Langdale spa, chapel stile, is pretty nice although worth a phone call to check they still accept non residents.
    Keswick is really just a splash pool for kids.
    Further but Penrith pool is decent.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Trout beck and Langdale estate used to do day passes

thestabiliser
    Free Member

Leisure centre in Kendal, low wood hotel, swan at Newby bridge

mattstreet

A bit up the road, but the hotel that was the Red Lion in Grasmere – now The Inn? – has a pool that iirc you can PAYG. Probably worth calling first though.

ton

The Daffodil Hotel at Grasmere
    it has a ace health spa and aqua therapy pool.

it is often frequented by my good lady and myself.
    you can just pay to use the facilities,
    and afternoon tea in the lounge is a proper treat to finish a nice day off.

ahsat

Thanks all. I’ll look into the suggestions. Much appreciated.

smiththemainman
    Free Member

Pretty sure you can pay to use the pool at Whitecross Bay caravan park, two miles out of Ambleside near Brockhole.

toemul
    Free Member

Nice pool white cross bay. Stayed at MacDonalds in bowness just casually walk in past reception down stairs to spa ask for a towel just use the nice pool there.

sc-xc

Befriend someone who’s staying at the Lakeland’s on Lower Gale…

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Swimming pool near Ambleside?’ is closed to new replies.