Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Swimming in the sea at Swansea
  • breninbeener

I have to attend a course for a week in Swansea. I have a triathlon coming up so im keen to do some swimming. Is there anywhere inshould seek out (or avoid) for some evening swims?

midlifecrashes

Langlands

ivorhogseye
    Free Member

I’m from Porthcawl, so I don’t have local knowledge of Swansea tides/currents however it it’s anything like Porthcawl (20 miles along the coast), the long shore drift and rip tides are incredibly dangerous.
    There’s a life boat station down at Mumbles (there was, been a while), there may be some other lifeguard huts.
    Before going in alone, go and have a chat.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Ask around Mumbles or on a Triathlon forum 😉 ?

innit_gareth
    Free Member

Caswell and Langland are both good.

Both beaches fairly popular with triathletes for training.

I went on the SUP this evening (around Caswell) and spotted a fair few jellyfish mind.

fourbanger
    Free Member

Swansea has a 50m pool doesn’t it? Alternatively head up to the Gower peninsular and find a nice beach.

hexhamstu
    Free Member

Stay away from three cliffs, it has claimed many lives. Pwlldu is a lovely swimming beach, you have to park at south gower rugby club and walk/run down to it.

danradyr1
    Free Member

Langland or Caswell. I have family in Mumbles and they’re always swimming in Langland.

wonnyj
    Free Member

Yup langland and caswell both great, albeit possibly quite busy.
    Pwlldu is a short walk so is usually deserted. All are a few minutes drive or cycle from mumbles.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Swimming in the sea at Swansea’ is closed to new replies.