• This topic has 31 replies, 24 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Swimmers – goggles?
  • bearnecessities

After 4 years my aquasockets are fogging up like a farting competition in a phonebox.

Before I order another pair of the same, anything out there that I’m missing out on? (I CBA to enter the world of google reviews)

Requirements: Must fit big head, anti-fog and make me more attractive to the opposite sex.

Thanks 🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

and make me more attractive to the opposite sex.

iainc

Speed sockets for me. I am a specs wearer but use disposable contacts swimming, so goggles go on before I enter the pool and dont get touched till I get out 3k later. They fog a little while air temperature stabilises, so from about 5 mins wear for about 5 mins. Then totally clear and never leak.

c_klein87

just bought a pair of these seem a good fit etc, unsure how attractive they are

bearnecessities

Amateur

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Goggles are even more personal than a bike. Don’t take recommendations of others, find what fits you and stick to them

sgn23
    Free Member

Speedo Biofuse every time for me. Bog standard, they wont make you any more attractive or swim faster, but they work well.
    Tried a bit of spit to reduce the fogging?

bearnecessities

Tried a bit of spit to reduce the fogging?

Cheers and funnily enough that’s always been my routine, however it appears from the brief google that I did undertake, I may have worn the anti-fog coating off by rubbing the inside. (Obvs, I licked fingers and rubbed goggles rather that hoiking a big-un into the lenses!)

Saying that, I’m happy with 4 years use! Just wondered if anything better out there at the moment.

scaredypants

Requirements: Must fit big head, anti-fog and make me more attractive to the opposite sex.

I believe what you’re looking for is beer goggles

ads678

I bought some of these http://www.wiggle.co.uk/speedo-rift-pro-mirror-mask/ for swimming in the sea on holiday as I didn’t want goggles sucking my eyes/contact lenses out.

They worked a treat, never leaked, and deff made me sexier!! 😀

bearnecessities

Yes, they will make me look completely bad-ass!

However, not too sure about the first review being

“These are the worst goggles I have ever purchased.”

😀

ads678

Yeah I bought them before reading the reviews, but, for me, they seemed to work really well. I must have a strange shape head or something!

rene59
    Free Member

Try a pair of Aqua Sphere Kayenne goggles, best I have found.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Aqua-Sphere-202280-Kayenne-Goggles/dp/B001YK4M18/ref=sr_1_2?s

Great reviews on amazon.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

teamhurtmore speaks truths.

billytinkle
    Free Member

I went with zoggs predator flex as they had the highest number of good reviews on wiggle. I must say I’m very impressed with them. Never before have I had goggles that keep water out without having to be so tight they leave indentations on my head.

bearnecessities

teamhurtmore speaks truths.

Kind of. You can’t try goggles out for one, but more importantly there are only a few main features required from a goggle which are: Don’t fog/leak/cut holes in your head, irrespective of a personal preference regarding ‘fit’.

suburbanreuben
    Free Member

If the originals lasted four years I’d be going with them again.

MadBillMcMad

+1 AquaSphere Kayennes

Excellent fit for me, very comfy especially for long openwater swims & never leak

TiRed

Speedo Rift. Oh how my friend laughed. Until he tried them. Now he has all three colours to match his kit. Once you’ve got used to the vision, nothing else will suffice. You will not look more attractive to the opposite sex, Fact.

Pigface
    Free Member

I use zoggs predators and they have been great, used 5-6 times a week for over a year and still no issues.

DezB
    Free Member

Goggles are even more personal than a bike

Yes, that’s why the Speedo ones I found left behind in the changing rooms have suited me for the past few years. 🙂

brassneck

+1 AquaSphere Kayennes

Excellent fit for me, very comfy especially for long openwater swims & never leak

Me too.

SamB
    Free Member

Zoggs Predators here. Brilliant goggles, lots of lens options (yellow, grey, polarised), not stupid expensive, last for ages.

gofasterstripes
    Free Member

“These are the worst goggles I have ever purchased.”

– IanNBude.

He’s from Bude. You can’t trust anyone from Bude when it comes to goggles.

Don’t ask, I can’t tell you how I know this, I just do.

Sam, from Chacewater/Truro

the_lecht_rocks

Predators FTW.

ThePilot
    Free Member

These are the best I’ve found
    http://www.wiggle.co.uk/aqua-sphere-womens-vista-clear-lens-goggles-1/
    Not for everyone though, as you’ll see if you read the review.
    Can’t say they’ve brought me any luck with the ladies either 😉

spooky_b329

I don’t know why anyone would go to the expense of contact lenses under goggles (ignoring the rare but serious infection you can get) when you can get prescription goggles for less than £20.

http://www.goggleyed.co.uk/index.html

They don’t give me perfect vision but are a 90% improvement over my previous method of swimming without glasses.

iainc

I don’t know why anyone would go to the expense of contact lenses under goggles (ignoring the rare but serious infection you can get) when you can get prescription goggles for less than £20.

…..well with a prescription of -6.5 and astigmatism I’d need the goggles on in the changing room !! As I only put contacts in after parking car at pool and take them out before leaving, and have goggles on all time from before entering water till after getting out optician is happy that risk of infection is minimal..

MadBillMcMad

Iainc,

I don’t have an astigmatism but I do have a prescription of -8.0

I use Kayennes with contacts, but I also use some Speedo prescription lenses for most of my pool work. They are only -6s but that is (just about) fine for seeing the clock (& choosing who not to run in to). They are not quite as leak proof as the Kayennes but OK with my facial features.

But it does mean being looking like a knob as you have to wear them to walk around the changing rooms & find the locker.

mike_p
    Free Member

Zoggs Predator Flex from Wiggle… blue clear lens for the pool, red smoked lens for open water (if it’s sunny, otherwise the clear ones). They even do polarised if you’re feeling flush!

The mask-type ones are good for visibility in open water but some folk, me included, find they don’t fit as well and leak.

Danny79
    Free Member

The ladies love a hero. 8)

iainc

If anyone wants some Aquasphere Kayenne ones I have a pair that I just bought and wore today first time for 5 mins but don’t like. £10 posted.

Viewing 32 posts - 1 through 32 (of 32 total)

The topic ‘Swimmers – goggles?’ is closed to new replies.