Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Swift or El Mariachi
  • Nipper99
    Free Member

Like the look of both of these. I have a Gryphon already so know how good Singulars are. Was after a Swift but can’t quite make my mind up. Anyone tried both or have an El Mariachi?

Nipper99
    Free Member

anyone?

Clink

What type of riding is it for?

Nipper99
    Free Member

South and Mid Wales natural and trail centre stuff.

gee
    Free Member

I have a steel and titanium El Mariachi. They are both fantastic bikes. The flexibility of the swinging dropouts on the steel one is useful – it can be run SS or geared, plus when you run it SS you can buy a different drive side dropout with no mech hanger if you are a fusspot (like me!). It works fine anyway, though. I’ve not ridded a Swift for any length of time so can’t compare, however the 2012 El Mar has a 44mm head tube which makes it future-proof as you can run either a 1 1/8 or tapered fork. The 2 frames are very similar in terms of weight.

Clink

Depends what you are after. Having ridden On-ones (steel and ti) which have similar geo to Swift/El Mar, I have gone over to frames with slacker ha and shorter stays. Currently Canfield Nimble 9. Not cheap (it is in the states!!) but I prefer the ride. CTBM has a demo.

Doesn’t seem any slower in singletrack or uphill, but better down.

The Salsa has long stays. I think WMB reviewed it. Not a bad review but it came across as boring. Having said that there seem to be happy owners on here. The Swift gets loads of good reviews.

Clink

Then of course there is the Cotic Solaris which is the best looking frame, imo.

bobalong
    Free Member

or…. My Pace 129??

gee
    Free Member

I did look at the Pace, which says a lot as I ride for Salsa but the sizing was really odd – very long.

GB

Nipper99
    Free Member

thanks all

Clink

So…..what are you going to do??

cheez0
    Free Member

In the spirit of the ‘where to live in devon or somerset’ thread where the answers are ‘clevedon/portishead’..

The answer is, as always, Orange 5.

Hope this helps 🙂

letmetalktomark

Slightly OT …..

I was considering both of these frames as the basis of my third (hopefully successful) 29er build.

I ended up buying a Genesis Fortitute Adventure frame.

😛

khani
    Free Member

I love mine, not had it long but it’s good in the slop 😀

Nipper99
    Free Member

Swift for me

charliedontsurf

I like the el mariachi a lot, but then Sam is a great guy making great bikes.

The salsa dropouts are very good, triple butted tubes. There is a lot to like.

You will be fine and damned good on either

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Swift or El Mariachi’ is closed to new replies.