Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Swift cover
  • mikey74
    Free Member

Has anyone used their car insurance? They seem really cheap, which kinda makes me suspicious, lol.

matt_outandabout

No, dont do it, dont just dont.

We have had major hassles – like taking 16months to settle a claim where other party openly and consistently said it was his fault, and other insurance company had to sort it/resolve it…! Useless circle of emails to muppets who know nothing and cannot do anything.

My brother in law – accident first week of December. Car was recovered and then ‘lost’. No loan car provided for 4 days, as they ‘couldnt get one’ – but they still class those 4 days as days when you had a loan car…his car sat at garage, only assessed the day they took the loan car off him…

Then they changed mind over if it was a write off not once, not twice, but four times – despite the garage saying from day 1 it was a write off…and he had bought a new car…

Fast forward to this week (2.5 months after the bump), and they are still saying that despite a letter saying ‘you car is written off and we offer £x as a settlement’ which he agreed to, he should not have gone and bought another car, and even though they have noe decided to write it off, the new offer is lower than old one – so they wont pay out what he agreed to and then spent on a new car…

But then I just had a claim with AXA (parent company of Swift) for a nicked bike – fast, simple, sorted and with a personal claims handler and direct phone number…

Ewan
    Free Member

Get what you pay for I guess. I have a 18 year old knackered merc that cost me 400 quid and a pair of Z1 forks. Hence I went for swiftcover… Never claimed, but their email response has been quick. Online reviews didn’t seem that bad.

Speshpaul

Do you need to be with an insurance company that doesn’t publish a phone number?

mikey74
    Free Member

Cheers folks. That’s pretty much what I thought. Think I’ll give em a miss.

Any other recommendations?

matt_outandabout

Speshpaul – Member

Do you need to be with an insurance company that doesn’t publish a phone number?

Oh good point – our accident meant we needed recovering on a Sunday morning, blocking a main roundabout in Sheffield. Try speaking to an insurance company that ‘doesn’t have call centres’ to get recovery sorted…yes we had to wait until 9am on Monday morning…. 🙄

Lactic
    Free Member

In the news tonight that they don’t insure musicians despite having Iggy Pop fronting their TV ads.

Zedsdead
    Free Member

I too have heard nowt but bad reports about them.

speaker2animals

I have been with Swift for 2 years, no problems, but then no claims either. Very good for access to info from their site though. Having said this by searching n confused I can get insurance £100 cheaper than Swift this year, so I’m off to the new one. I only went to Swift as they were £160 cheaper than previous insurer and last year they were still the cheapest.

Have a lok at Confused.com.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

i’ve been with them for 2 years, but not (touch wood) made a claim, so cant really judge them to be honest, but their price is cheap, however as someone above says…you get what you pay for! Went for them cos’ they were cheap however other companies seem to quote similar now so may look at them.

mustard
    Free Member

I wrote off the car in October, actually reasonably quick to deal with it. Had a contact number too, although they say they prefer to be contacted by email, were quite helpful on the phone.

I did get stung by the excess though. I realise, before anyone else says it, that it is my fault as I musn’t have read teh small print properly. However, when i was getting quotes I messed about with the voluntary excess to see what effect it had on premiums. I’m 99% sure I then decided that £250 was the max I wanted, in total, so adjusted quote appropriately before taking out policy. Or I thought I had until I phoned them from the side of the motorway, where I found my excess was £550!

Luckily (?) I was travelling home from a meeting so work paid me £250 of the excess which softened the blow a little.

I really miss that car 😥

Anyway, I’ve decided that I’m going to pay a bit more and go with a better known company when I get my new car. One I can speak to on the phone, in the uk, to triple check my total excess and that I’m covered properly. The online forms confuse me a bit, especially what to put in for my claim. Don’t want to be under-insured, or worse have a claim refused, due to having clicked the wrong box!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Swift cover’ is closed to new replies.