Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Swell…
  • SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Crap week at work. Trails here on the moor are gopping…. But a 5 star forecast from MSW. Sod the bike, I’m hitting the beach…

Anyone else planning a surf this weekend, despite the weather?

jam-bo

Busy tomorrow but might head to the north coast Sunday.

Or see how much water is left in the rivers.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Where you at SJ?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Went windsurfing yesterday, ’twas awesumz.

With the wind we’ve had this week they’ll be some decent wind blown chop near you.

I had to wear boots ( urge, hate them ) sea temp round our way is 9C and windchill down to about 3C, bit warmer today but the winds dropped.

SUP fun at low tide today…

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

Where you at SJ?

NE Dartmoor so about an hour from N Cornwall coast.

Got in for a session at Widemouth earlier. Pretty decent sized swell, clean lines but closing out a lot. Not been in the water since before Christmas so “character building” is the adjective that springs to mind, and spent a lot of time foundering in the soup but great fun all the same. Saw some great surfing S of Black Rock and took a look at Crackington late afternoon and that was looking pretty much perfect.

michaelmcc
    Free Member

Cool Ive never been down that area, I used to spend a lot of time around loads of spots in S Wales, really good place when its on.

SprocketJockey
    Free Member

You’re not wrong. Went to college in Swansea so used to surf the Gower a lot back in the day so know that area pretty well. We generally do at least one trip to Pembrokeshire a year too which is probably one of my favourite places to surf in the UK.

North coast here can get pretty good but the popular places suffer from crowds in the summer. Can generally find something with a bit of initiative!

jam-bo

Thought about it but walking the dog this morning at 1deg and howling easterlies put me off heading to the beach this morning.

Hope it warms up a bit for April. Got a week at sennen booked.

jam-bo

North coast here can get pretty good but the popular places suffer from crowds in the summer. Can generally find something with a bit of initiative!

Timing is everything round here in the summer. Between may and September its not worth surfing the main breaks unless your in at dawn or dusk.

TooTall
    Free Member

What do you mean ‘despite the weather’?
    I grew up surfing Tynemouth and other North Sea breaks that only really work when there are storms pushing in from Scandinavia! 5mm suit, boots and gloves for 10 months of the year up there.
    My mates up near Inverness only bought Gath helmets with visors to keep the sleet and snow out of their faces, silly buggers.

jam-bo

Think I’m getting soft as I get older. Used to rarely wear boots or gloves, never wore a hood.

Now I’m thinking about one of those heated rash vests after borrowing one for a session.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Swell…’ is closed to new replies.