Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Sweet protection mud rides
  • PrinceJohn

Those who’ve bought them how are you getting on with them?

I bought a pair in November 2015 and I’ve recently noticed over the last month or so they’re not really waterproof anymore. It was especially noticeable this weekend in Wales where the conditions were shall we say damp.

I’m a bit disappointed as the original outlay is significantly more than I’ve ever spent on waterproof shorts before and they’ve not lasted any longer.

Any tips or tricks out there to bring back the waterproofness?

bruneep

where is the water getting in other than the one big hole at the top and 2 lower down? zips closed properly?

Mine have been great occasionally my arse gets wet but this is more due to spray off back wheel running down back if I dont have my waterproof jacket on.

PrinceJohn

Getting a proper wet arse, so I’ve been presuming it’s just coming straight through as my top is water proof

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bruneep

https://sweetprotection.com/sp_uk/warranty-info

If you have no warranty try a waterproofer

I have used this stuff https://sites.google.com/site/wadersrepairs/repel on my other non waterproof shorts. Sold by a guy at my work.

jam-bo

mine are showing some signs of delamination on the inner membrane on seat area. Didn’t realise they had a 2yr warranty so might take some photos and give it a go.

jam-bo

Mine have delaminated in one spot completely now. 18months old and a lot of very muddy rides so just sent some photos to sweet warranty dept to see what they say.

jam-bo

Update. New pair of shorts on the way from sweet.

bruneep

Excellent just hung mine out after today’s ride and noticed the same problem

bruneep

New pair in the post from sweetprotection

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Been asked before but how do they size up?

jam-bo

My old pair, small was a 30″ waist. My new pair, no **** chance. More like 26″ waist.

Waiting for a response to see if they’ll change them.

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

Thanks, Im more at the L/XL end of the spectrum!

Thought I saw a good deal on them recently but prices seem to have gone back up!

beano68
    Free Member

Decent shorts but wear out quickly, had a pair changed under warranty last year (split seams) just sent them back again last week as the waterproofing seams have all fallen off internally .. they don’t last long for what you pay

jam-bo

New pair of mediums turned up yesterday. Which is good as I only sent back the smalls this morning.

Interestingly the new mediums fit just like my old smalls did.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Sweet protection mud rides’ is closed to new replies.