Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • sweaty bugger…
  • headfirst
    Free Member

…one I am…(in a Yoda stylee)

My usual anti-perspirant deodorant, Sure for Men, seems to be letting me down a lot at the moment. I don't think I'm sweating anymore in my day to day activities but I seem to be getting some particularly large and offensive (even to myself 😯 ) sweat patches. I'm wondering if they've been messing with formula?

So what I'm after is some good 'B.O.Bash'/'Shower in a can' recommendations from the similarly afflicted, ta.

matthew_h
    Free Member

There some stuff called Driclor that you apply every few days and virtually stops pit sweating altogether. Might be worth trying to find some of that.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Nivea 24h working here, I like the salt stuff but it's not as effective.

psychle
    Free Member

you want to try the fancy Sure Maximum Protection: you put it on at night and it works it's magic while you sleep… works well for me, and sweaty bastard am I too 8)

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Mitchums is the stuff you need

Hohum
    Free Member

I am also a sweaty git and I have to vary my brands as it sometimes feels like I build up some kind of tolerance to them.

A couple of good brands I have found are Mitchum and even Tesco's own name anti-perspirant.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Right Guard

TheFlyingOx

Get to the docs and ask for the 20% aluminium chloride solution. One application stops you sweating for about a fortnight. It's the cost of a prescription, but I'm still on the first bottle and I got that nearly a year ago.

headfirst
    Free Member

Cheers folks, just been reading the Raoul thread, I highly recommend it…'Raoul-over'….genius

carbon337
    Free Member

Does anyone have problems in work shirts (suit type) when its hot. One small walk out for lunch and my back is all sweaty.

Whats the score with this stuff – 20% aluminium chloride solution?

Hohum
    Free Member

The Flying Ox – Member
    Get to the docs and ask for the 20% aluminium chloride solution. One application stops you sweating for about a fortnight. It's the cost of a prescription, but I'm still on the first bottle and I got that nearly a year ago.

Doesn't that just make you sweat more elsewhere?

What really makes me sweat is big swings in temperature after having built up a lot of heat. Going to work in the morning can be an embarassment, particularly in the winter 🙁

TheFlyingOx

The 20% stuff is a concentrated solution of the active ingredient in supermarket anti-perspirants. This is the stuff: Anhydrol Forte. Didn't realise you could get it over-the-counter.

carbon337
    Free Member

Im the same Ho Hum – coming in from cold into heated office in the winter – but biggest problem is in city summer heat when wearing shirts – i have to completely stay away from blue shirts.

I was looking at folk in Egypt when I was there and they all wear vests under shirts – I wonder if thats a little secret Im yet to cotton (no joke intended) onto.

TheFlyingOx

I was dubious at first, but no. I just go for more wees. 😆

Nah, seriously, if I do sweat more elsewhere then it's not enough for me to have noticed.

Hohum
    Free Member

carbon337 – Member
    Im the same Ho Hum – coming in from cold into heated office in the winter – but biggest problem is in city summer heat when wearing shirts – i have to completely stay away from blue shirts.

I was looking at folk in Egypt when I was there and they all wear vests under shirts – I wonder if thats a little secret Im yet to cotton (no joke intended) onto.

I don't think the vest would work. I used to wear t-shirts under shirts when I was younger and they would get sweaty pretty quickly and then the sweat would go onto my shirt. If I ever did manage to cool down and dry out then the t-shirt would normally stay sweaty all day.

Don't envy you in the city having to wear suits.

The Flying Ox – Member

I was dubious at first, but no. I just go for more wees.

Nah, seriously, if I do sweat more elsewhere then it's not enough for me to have noticed.

That sounds very promising.

Last year I suffered from mild depression and anxiety and this made me sweat loads more at work. I became very paranoid and i was convinced that I was really smelly as well. It did nothing to help my anxiety i can tell you!

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Vaseline for Men roll-on. Pits are dry even during the hardest exercise and back, chest, arms, legs, head **** everywhere else is dripping.

Yet to find a way to cool down sufficiently after a lunch time swim though.

Jamie
    Free Member

I have just bought some Mitchums 48hr spray, on offer in superdrug, as my usual nivea roll on is just shite. Annoying when it is about £2.50 something.

BoardinBob

This stuff is great: http://www.odaban.com/

headfirst
    Free Member

OP here. Been to superdrug to get some Mitchums but was swayed by a 3for2 offer on "L'Oreal Men Expert 48H Dry Non-Stop Anti-perspirant Deodorant Full Power" with "New Sweat Captor[sic] Technology".

Here's hoping it does exactly what it says on the tin.

Jamie
    Free Member

"New Sweat Captor[sic] Technology".

Just goes to show you can sell women anything 😉

headfirst
    Free Member

BBob – that Odaban stuff looks like it means business. I'll see how I go on with my "coz I'm worth it" stuff first.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Another Mitchums user here – never have any problems with it unless I push the stick out too far and then the bl00dy things keep snapping 👿

Muke
    Free Member

Anybody know which UK pharmacies sell Odaban then ?

sweepy
    Free Member

I just got some off amazon. about a fiver and seems to work pretty well. Follow the instructions tho, you dont need much and it irritates if you dont do it right.

brakes
    Free Member

there's also Triple Dry roll-on from Boots which is expensive but bloody works

headfirst
    Free Member

Thought you'd all be relieved to hear that the L'Oreal stuff seems to be doing its job well – sweaty brow but not pits! 8)

Baldysquirt

Driclor does work really well – you can get it from boots. It can work too well, though, and can make you itch like crazy.

Viewing 27 posts - 1 through 27 (of 27 total)

The topic ‘sweaty bugger…’ is closed to new replies.