Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Sweating TOO MUCH in Spinning?
  • james-rennie

I’ve restarted lunchtime spin sessions, and have surprised myself with just how sweat soaked my kit is afterwards.
    So yesterday I weighed myself before and after…pre-spin weight 77kg; post-spin 74.8kg

OVER 2KG in around 55 minutes. Is this going to damage me longterm??

toby1

Once with pants on, once without?

james-rennie

naked before and after.
    Not naked during 🙂

richwak
    Free Member

Just drink 2.2 litres of water with electrolytes.

P-Jay
    Free Member

I’m going with naked too.

2ltrs of sweat is too much to evoporate, it’s going to be a big puddle on the floor, or more likely soaked into your clothes meaning no change in weight over all.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

I pity anyone next to me in a spin class. I sweat buckets

hairyscary

Each time I’ve been there has been a puddle of sweat beneath me. My ears fill up with the stuff!
    After passing a kidney stone earlier this I’ve started to drink a little more.

GolfChick
    Free Member

take on more fluids? As well as sweating it out your body is using as much water as it can unless you take on more during a spin sessions. I’m very guilty of not taking enough fluids on and always see a good weight loss afterwards. Also your scales may of had a ‘wobble’

shermer75
    Free Member

I’m not normally that sweaty but I left a full on lake around my bike when I did a spin class!

Not a health prob if you replace the liquids, just be aware that it may take longer than you think- if you drink the whole 2 litres most of it will just get pissed out again

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Sweating TOO MUCH in Spinning?’ is closed to new replies.