Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Sweating….
  • Bushwacked
    Free Member

Does anyone else here seem to sweat at the slightest thing?

I'll go out riding or doing anything vigorous and immediately sweat will pour down me like I'm having a shower, it happens to the point where I am getting slightly self concious about it.

Is this normal???

warton
    Free Member

you sweat lots if you're super fit or super unfit… don't know why

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I don't class myself as either!! :/

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    steve_b77
    Free Member

Yup, I seem to sweat boat loads from my back at the slightest opportunity.

dmiller
    Free Member

Yes.

I don't get self conscious, I just unzip my top to my belly button and let the moist chest hair turn on the ladies.

Yes.

In all seriousness wait 10 to 15 minutes after riding before having a shower to cool down and I find that sure for men is pretty good at stopping me sweat – it seems to be the best antiperspirant I have found.

If its really getting to you then you can get botox in your pits I think to stop you sweating. Not sure how healthy this is tho…

clubber
    Free Member

Yes, it's normal for plenty of people, me included as people I ride with will vouch for – I can create a waterfall by pushing my bike helmet pads against my forehead…

Kramer
    Free Member

Me too. I rely on the pheromones to attract a mate.

guitarmanjon
    Free Member

Yep, I'm a sweater. I wouldn't say I was really fit or really unfit. I just sweat. I've got a decent deodorant (can't remember the name) so I don't smell (too much). I think it's good for you…

Bushwacked
    Free Member

I don't use deodorant but don't smell – it is like pure water!!

thepurist

Sweating is the thing I do best on a bike! I've always had it pour off me no matter how fit/unfit I've been. I just see it as a sign that I've got a particularly efficient body temperature control mechanism.

ononeorange

Yup me too in buckets – although it's got a little less as I've got older. Being fit / unfit makes no difference to me. Happens with stress too – I've just put it down to a rogue gene somewhere, although I'm the only one in my family.

TheSwede
    Free Member

Im a sweater but. Mini mid thread rant. Fresh sweat doesnt have any odour. Its the bacteria that developes on your clothes if you dont wash them that smells. Seriously you know those people that just hum of beef and onion pies. Wtf is wrong with their sense of smell. Come to think of it, theres families, friends and people they work with senses of smell. Met this fella out in the forest one eve whilst out with a group. Stopped for a quick chat and some one up wind of him said he could join us. I frowned. I had the misfortune to be behind him on a climb. Had to pull to the side and let him get well ahead before i could inhale through my nose again. He wasnt a quick climber so i found my self chewing on his arm pits again after a few spins. We've got one in the office that bolo's like a cat litter tray. WashTFU.

halo25
    Free Member

I try to emulate a waterfall when I am out with a good degree of success.

Always worries me since my riding buddies never seem to sweat as much, I just put it down to being special 😀

Bushwacked
    Free Member

TheSwede – PMSL – Totally know where you are coming from. How come people can smell so much and why is it always something seriously savoury!!!

TheSwede
    Free Member

yeah it wouldnt be so bad if it was an overpowering waft of strawberries, candy floss or chocolate muffins fresh from the oven. Not cat crap, pies or slurry.

cxi
    Free Member

I rode up a tarmac climb on Saturday – nice and sunny, about 164m climb in 1.2km. You could have bottled what was pouring off me. Helmet pads don't stand a chance

Bushwacked
    Free Member

Maybe we're the reason we've had such a wet summer for the last few years!!!

sc-xc

I sweat so much that the people I train with for kickboxing liken me to this fella…

racing_ralph
    Free Member

#
    Bushwacked – Member

I don't use deodorant but don't smell – it is like pure water!!
    Posted 7 hours ago # Report-Post

Yeah good one – ask a stranger if you niff 😉

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Sweating….’ is closed to new replies.