Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Swear filter avoidance
  • aaron
    Free Member

someone got a week’s ban for this yet a search shows plenty of others doing it and getting away with it.

What’s the cause?

Over-zealous mods?

Over-zealous reporting?

Higher profile forum members getting shut down first?

sweepy
    Free Member

You’ll never see me banned for avoidance. I just type and trust the filter to take it out if they don’t like it.
    You might see me banned for what slips through tho

scotroutes

The mods will claim (with some justification) that they can’t read every thread and therefore rely on abuses being reported.

mrmo
    Free Member

don’t question the mods.

i think it is a case of being in the wrong place at the wrong time. I have had a couple of warnings. not sure if others in the same thread have or have not.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Over-zealous reporting?

Is what we’re told.

Northwind

Mods aren’t all-seeing, so no matter what there’ll always be some variation.

Mind you, I got told off for swear-filter avoidance, after partially starring out a word that isn’t actually in the swear filter, that was weird.

aaron
    Free Member

Oh well this account will be banned shortly, after reporting the asme swear-filter-avoidance cynic-al (me!) got banned for.

LONG LIVE FRED!

scotroutes
    Cougar

I banned -Al not because of the swear filter avoidance directly, but because he’s got a history of warnings for the same thing which he’s chosen to ignore. The most recent warning said that there would be a lengthy ban if he continued, and he did, so he has.

And now he’s outed himself, I’ll be banning his second account too. The peanut gallery has got until I do that before I close this thread, so knock yourselves out but be quick. Al, if you create another account, I’ll extend the ban.

Fred got another lifetime ban earlier today too. Fun game.

hora
    Free Member

Fred was cynical al?

uselesshippy
    Free Member

I got a warning email, for a typo. 😯
    I now spell betterer. 😀

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Shirley a massive banhammer must be smote for creating a second account.

So we have:

Ignoring warnings.
    Swear filter avoidance.
    Creating second log-in.
    Opening a thread to talk about a banning.
    Mentioning Fred.

I think Al’s in trouble. 🙂

Cougar

It’s been a long day. Consider it a gesture of goodwill, and don’t take the piss.

PiknMix
    Free Member

No more spoons?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Swear filter avoidance’ is closed to new replies.