Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Swchalbe hans damp/ nobby nic , Conti rubber queen or something else?
  • iridebikes
    Free Member

What tyre should i try: its to be used on a 140mm fs bike, which i use for most things, including some dh. I like a nice aggressive tyre, like minions.

what are people using?

slowboydickie

I am liking the 29er nobby nic 2.25. They’re fine in the current quagmire conditions, on rocks and not too heavy. Going to try the 2.35 next time.

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

If you like Minions, why not stick with them? Or a Minion out front & something a bit less aggressive on the back?

scant
    Free Member

nics are fast rolling & lightweight, but the sidewalls arent the strongest & they tend to wear fairly quick. really impressed with the hans dampf so far. it also seals up tubeless a lot easier than the nic.

iridebikes
    Free Member

sorry i forgot to say, its jst going to be a front tyre, as i i love the ardent that i have on the back, as its fast rolling and grippy.

Im tempted by the single ply minions, but i?ve been told they are still really heavy? Maybe i should the weights.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

I like Minions but the High Roller 2 I’ve put up front is ever better. The braking grip puts the Minion to shame and it holds even better in the corners.

Northwind

I’ll helpfully add an extra option, the Specialized Butcher control. Not much else to say about it other than that it’s a better Minion (and the 2.3 is the size of a 2.5 Minion, because Specialized own a ruler)

mboy
    Free Member

If you’re used to a minion, don’t for gods sake go for a Nobby Nic. They’re a lightweight, relatively fast rolling, XC racers tyre. Grip isn’t their strong point!

Hans Dampf in Trailstar compound would be ok, but they do drag a bit. Rubber Queen in Black Chili would make an excellent choice though. Or just try a single ply minion, not light but still a lot lighter than a dual ply and they don’t half grip!

Hob-Nob
    Free Member

2.35 SP Minion is fairly comparable weight wise to pretty much all similar tyres.

If you like it, stick with it. Minions are a great tyre.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Swchalbe hans damp/ nobby nic , Conti rubber queen or something else?’ is closed to new replies.