Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • SW/Bristol riders
  • cooknell
    Free Member

Please help – this only takes a minute:

Many of you will have ridden the Strawberry Line from Yatton (mainline station) to Cheddar. This is a great traffic free route through the villages under the Mendips. It is a good option for getting out to the Mendips well known trails from Bristol, or in to Ashton Court from the villages! It is great for family riding, and has some lush “Strada Bianchi” to destroy your legs!

They have a campaign group that are on the cusp of getting it extended beyond Cheddar to Shepton Mallet (and beyond). All the plans are in place and it just needs Council backing. Please go to http://www.thestrawberryline.org.uk/ a sign the online petition, every signature counts to persaude the council of the public support.

If it gets completed it would be make a great route traffic free tour and link together some great mtb areas!

Thanks in advance (sign it even if you’ve never ridden it – well worth the visit).

TheDTs
    Free Member

Done.
    Nice ride with the kids.
    May do that next weekend actually!

DanW
    Free Member

Thanks for posting, I had missed this!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Candodavid
    Free Member

Be even better if all the dog walkers lifted the waste their dogs leave behind

andyl
    Free Member

Have they got a petition to do something about sorting out all the dog crap on there too? The Winscombe stretch is disgusting.

^ looks like i’m not alone!

hypnotoad
    Free Member

Signed 🙂

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I’d missed it too, thanks.

nemesis
    Free Member

Already signed it. It’s a great bit of infrastructure. I wish they’d get the Clevedon bit done though – I understand that they’re working on flood defences on that bit of track anyway and hoping that (separately – apparently not the same people to approve it) they’ll get approval to build the stretch soon too.

I haven’t been on it as far south as Winchcombe for a few weeks but hadn’t noticed the dog crap being particularly bad before that so it must be fair weather dog walkers… selfish gits 👿

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Yes, there’s a tidal weir that I believe they’re going to use round the back of Kingston Seymour.

It’s a really useful trail for dropping off the hill and working further around to go up elsewhere, right the way from Sandford over to Cheddar.

nemesis
    Free Member

Scienceofficer – do you ride with the Shipham lot?

Yatton to Clevedon:

http://www.thestrawberryline.org.uk/index.php?section=pathsections&path=clevedonyatton

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

I have done, but I’m, ah, generally not a fan of conga-biking in large groups.

nemesis
    Free Member

LOL 😉

rudyard197
    Free Member

Missed this too. Use the Strawberry line all the time (live Weston-work Clevedon and ride with my kid). Think the link between Weston and Clevedon is a different line but if it saves having to cross the M5 J21 (which I’m sure the cycle lane was designed by an idiot) then hurry up! Signed and will pass on to all I know!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘SW/Bristol riders’ is closed to new replies.