Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Swapping the van for a car…
  • sc-xc

Bucking the trend. I have a T5.1 camper, 45k on the clock…but having owned it for a year, we are simply not using it like we hoped.

It doesn’t help that my wife works shifts as a nurse, I have a lad who plays Sunday football, a daughter that goes to dance classes…you get the picture.

Looking at selling van and having either an Octavia VRS estate, or Focus ST estate.

Any other sporty estates I should be looking at? Budget about £20k, don’t want a PCP…would like no older than 2 years and as low mileage as poss….

br
    Free Member

5 series?

sc-xc

Mmmmm. This is nice, loads posher than the other two, but a bit slower…

pjm84
    Free Member

Blimey. I’m going the other way round.

I have ordered a VW Cali for next March and pulled the short straw with the Wife so losing my “beloved” Volvo V70 estate. Sadly no good for you as its a 1560cc diesel (60mpg and £30VED!)

timc
    Free Member

b r – Member
    5 series?

Read his criteria… won’t get an equal 5 series performance wise for all that!

wolfenstein
    Free Member

I miss my car 🙁

iamroughrider
    Free Member

I saw a small practical looking Volvo today that looked like an Audi if that’s any help – although probably not..

iamroughrider
    Free Member

I should add that the Volvo did look very nice, as do Audi’s, which was the main reason I looked at it.

robdob
    Free Member

I recently got a brand new Focus and I would LOVE to own the ST version. I have the lowest powered diesel but it’s still a joy to drive and built very well. It handles better than any car I’ve driven so far.
    The top of the range Focus’s look great as well – a ST or Titaniium X with nice wheels would be very nice.
    A Mondeo Titanium X in red or blue also looks fantastic.
    Also you don’t see as many of the top end Fords around (badge snobbery) so they are now quite unusual. A much wiser choice than the boring VAG group cars IMHO.

sc-xc

Focus

Octavia

Octavia a bit bigger, Focus a tiny bit faster.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Whichever you get the better deal on.

andy8442
    Free Member

I went from van to Volvo V70. T5 then Merc Vito and now car. I miss my van, just so damn practical, but neither vans did 50+mpg. On a plus side I can go to the tip now whenever I want. On the down side you can’t get five bikes and a kayak on/in a car.

I do miss my van……….heavy sigh.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Swapping the van for a car…’ is closed to new replies.