Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Swapping shifters to RH/front LH/rear
  • trailertrash

Does anyone know where you can buy x9 shifters in the following configuration:

10 speed for LH on bars (“rear”)
    2×10 speed for RH on bars (“front”)

Thanks

Tim

si69jc
    Free Member

Why?

eyerideit
    Free Member

Why on earth would you want to do that, apart from the obvious?

Don’t even think Euro bikes have them wrong way round, like their brakes.

*watches for replies with a keen but casual interest*

trailertrash

The cable routing is actually better on my Whyte T120 with them this way round. Doesn’t bother me. It’s not dangerous, like swapping the brakes would be.

si69jc
    Free Member

Er, seriously ?

AlasdairMc

Gripshift would work

jambon
    Free Member

Brakes are the ‘wrong’ way ’round in Europe but the gears, to my knowledge, always stay the same.

trailertrash

Seriously? No, I’m a complete retard and utter novice mountain biker with no idea how to set up a bike and very odd ideas about what constitutes a good idea or not. Thank you.

Mackem

You could find some thumbies and mount them under the bar.

AlasdairMc

Friction thumbies would work too as they don’t rely on indexing.

trailertrash

I honestly don’t know if they’re made, but I thought I’d ask.

crikey
    Free Member

Is there the option to cross your cables over under the down tube?

It’s what I do on my road bike; the right hand, rear derailleur cable exits from the bar tape on the right hand side and goes to the left hand cable stop on the down tube, and vice versa.

The guy in the bike shop thought I would wear through the cables and die, but I haven’t yet…

trailertrash

Yeah there is and they were like that when I bought the bike second hand but they are rubbing the frame and each other, like you say. They rub through helitape! Actually the frame is scored, but I didn’t notice when I bought it.

njee20
    Free Member

Can’t be done. Won’t work with 10 speed Grip Shift as the LH shifter only has 2 clicks, not like the old ones.

Acros hydraulic shifters can be set up like that. A Di2 hack could as well potentially, or as said thumbies. That’s about it. Very odd request purely to improve cable routing 😕

trailertrash

Actually if the problem is cable routing and the proposed solution would fix it then it’s a perfectly logical request. But hey, you’re welcome to your opinion and thanks for the technical roundup.

si69jc
    Free Member

Seriously? No, I’m a complete retard and utter novice mountain biker with no idea how to set up a bike and very odd ideas about what constitutes a good idea or not. Thank you.

That clears that up then 😉

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Swapping shifters to RH/front LH/rear’ is closed to new replies.