Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Swapping RockShox compression damping units…
  • DrP

I’ve some 2014 Rev RL 130mm forks, and some 2012 Reba RLT 100mm forks..both 29er..

It seems like the answer will be ‘no’, but has anyone successfully played around with swapping the damping units on RS forks??
    The rev has pushlock, the reba has crown adjust.. I’d like to swap them over!

DrP

gee
    Free Member

As long as it is just the compression damper bit you are changing, it will fit i.e. the threaded top cap is the same size. Basically you unthread the top caps and change the whole assembly into the other fork. Issue is the valving etc is probably different between the Reba and the Rev and so it might not work 100% as they intended, not that you’ll probably be able to tell.

jairaj

Some of the dampers on the Reba and SID can be shorter than the Revelation version. Take the dampers out and check if they are the same length. Its a very easy job, just take the knobs off and undo the top cap. You don’t need to strip the fork down or even take it out the frame.

Also if you just want to convert the Rev from a pushlock to crown lock there is a easy mod you can perform by just removing a spring inside the damper so the compression knob will stay in what ever position you left it.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Swapping RockShox compression damping units…’ is closed to new replies.