Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Swapping fork offset CSU's between RS forks
  • nickdavies

Looking at a bargainous carbon HT to use as a donor frame.
    Currently have a set of regular SID RCT3’s which I think are basic 41mm offset. Is there any way to check this from the fork? Part number cast into the CSU?

If it’s 52mm then it’s a straight swap but new bike is equipped with Reba RL’s with 52mm forks, which seem to share the CSU with the SID according to SRAM’s parts catalogue.

Is it as simple as swapping uppers and lowers over, and installing the RCT3 damper into the Reba uppers? I want to keep the air spring in the reba’s as it’s a bit shorter travel. This is what I think I can do from checking part no’s but was hoping to check…

There’s nothing on the sram site to suggest the offset makes a difference anywhere bar the CSU.

Cheers

cynic-al
    Free Member

nickdavies – Member
    Looking at a bargainous carbon HT to use as a donor frame.
    Currently have a set of regular SID RCT3’s which I think are basic 41mm offset. Is there any way to check this from the fork? Part number cast into the CSU?

get a straight line through the steerer (eg by looking through it from the hub end) and mease the distance to the axle line.

You won’t be totally accurate but you should git it closer than +/- 5mm

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Swapping fork offset CSU's between RS forks’ is closed to new replies.