Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Swampthings? or Wetscreams?
  • Teetosugars
    Free Member

If this weather keeps going?

Sorry, I know its yet another bone “what tyre thread…”

🙄 😳

br
    Free Member

Mud X.

lcj

Depends what ground you’re riding, no?

Wet screams if it’s loamy and peat based, swampthings if it’s stickier and you’ll need it to clear the treads

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Swampthings – a bit slow for general XC for rear use, pretty damn grippy on everything, including roots and rocks.

Wetscreams – No direct experience, but its a typical tall knobbed, narrow mud only tyres. It will excell in mud and be dicey on anything hard and slippery.

Medusa? Bonty Mud X?

IA

It’s nearly never wetscream conditions, and even when it is, unless you’re racing DH and it really matter, a swampy will be fine.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

Thats a good summary IA.

My personal preference at the moment is a Bonty Mud X on the back, and A 2.35 SP swampie at the front.

I don’t mind the back end doing its own thing, but I like the front to do what its told.

kimbers

swampthings clear well and stick to everything

wet screams if its like this…..

I_Ache
    Free Member

A swampthing on the back was needed last night. One on the front probably would have been a good idea too.

Paceman
    Free Member

My personal preference at the moment is a Bonty Mud X on the back, and a 2.35 SP swampie at the front.

Works well for me also 😀

kevster
    Free Member

Swampthings IMO are great tyres, usually have one on the front with a high roller on the back when its a bit muddy, when it gets really bad swapthings front and rear. General trail riding use, not for XC.

duir
    Free Member

I run cut wetscreams at the moment but on a DH bike on very wet and muddy DH courses in Scotland. They would be far too draggy even for DH without being cut down and utterly useless for XC.

Gordymac
    Free Member

Swampthings here, Fantastic winter mud tyre and the steel version is cheap to boot 😛

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

I put a wetscream on the tandem once. Fantastic grip but the dragg was fantastic – and 50 miles and its half worn.

Vortexracing

Swampies here 2.35ST front and a 2.3560a on the rear.

used on both the Cotic and Turner/Ventana throughout winter.

great tyre, a bit heavy but grippy as buggery

jam-bo

if its bad enough for wetscreams then I’m getting the kayak out.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Swampthings? or Wetscreams?’ is closed to new replies.