Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Swaledale riding route tips please!
  • xcgb
    Free Member

I am going to be in Swaledale staying in Gunnerside for a week and with my SO doing some walking ,and I of course will be sneaking a bike into the car, looking at the map it looks like there is a good descent into gunnerside itself but where else is good for riding around there?

Cheers

DPM

Pop in & see Stu at Dales Bike Centre. He’ll sort you out a good route or 3.

xcgb
    Free Member

Sweet
    Thanks

bspoked
    Free Member

Agreed. They sell laminated maps for cost price and will tell you what the conditions are like on the routes (for example if today falls in one of the 2 weeks out of 52 that the lower bridleway from Arkengarthdale to Reeth is passable). Free parking and cafe and shop on site.

Nice guys too.

martinhutch

There’s stacks of stuff, as above, DBC is a good first stop, if only for the cake and nice coffee.

If you want to plan ahead, look at the ‘Booze and Crackpot’ and ‘The Edge’ routes off here:

http://www.yorkshiredales.org.uk/outandabout/gettingactive/cycling/mtb/mtb-findaroute

Both good for a quick blast, or fitted together for a longer ride.

xcgb
    Free Member

Cheers guys!

scruzer
    Free Member

up there this sunday doing a classic. make sure you take in gunnerside gill and the old lead mines great from the moonscape of merryfield. there is loads to go at, try fremington edge if ya like a good climb. stu and Brenda at the dales bike centre will be a good option for routes etc.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Swaledale riding route tips please!’ is closed to new replies.