Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Suzuki Wagon R- anyone got one?
  • mlbaker
    Free Member

Just looking for some real life reviews/ experiences of the Suzuki Wagon as I’ve seen a good deal on a second hand one.

Cheers

binners

Don’t do it! You’ll never get anywhere for women hurling themselves at you

stilltortoise
    Free Member

A friend had one and raved about it. He could wheel his bike in the boot fully upright (he *may* have had to take the front wheel off) and it was great travelling across the Leek – Buxton road in the snow.

Trekster

Did the Wagon become the Ignis? Son has an Ignis Sport, I’m tempted by the 5door “estate”. Also think Vauxhall badge them as something?

ajantom

I’ve got an older model Vauxhall Agila, which is exactly the same car.
    Amazingly roomy, surprisingly nippy, and very cheap to run.
    With the seats down you can get 2 bikes in the back with front wheels off + a weekends worth of kit for two people. I once managed to get the whole of a 5k PA rig in the back – subs, tops, poles, and amplifiers 😆 was riding a bit low on the suspension!

Mine has been fault free for 100,000 miles (bought 2nd hand with 25,000 on the clock).
    Annoyingly, it started misfiring this morning! Off to Euro Car Parts in a mo’ to buy some spark plugs – hopefully that’ll sort it out.

mlbaker
    Free Member

Cheers for the feedback; I’ll get a long stick to fend off any women who sprawl themselves over the bonnet!

deejayen
    Free Member

Apparently they make quite a good motorhome – with an elevating roof.

bikebouy
    Free Member

My mum had one, bought new and had it for a year. She liked it, could get a wheelchair upright in the back.

alanl
    Free Member

I bought one in June.
    It’s fine. I had a LR Freelander before, this is only just a little bit smaller inside, but has lots of good details – drawers under the front seats, room under the rear seats where I keep spare clothing/shoes.
    Its a 1.3 engine, which doenst go very fast. It’ll do 80 on the motorway, and keeps up with traffic on A roads, but you do have to plan overtakes. I’m getting 42mpg, which isnt great, but better than the 24 from the LR.
    The only thing that bugs me is that it is noisy – mainly wind noise above 50mph.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Suzuki Wagon R- anyone got one?’ is closed to new replies.