Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Suzuki Swift
  • rascal
    Free Member

Anyone got one and like to air their thoughts?
    Looking at changing second car for something smaller and more economical…this is on the list…

Waderider
    Free Member

Wife had a 1.5GLX was nippy, fun to drive and cheap to run. Until she stuffed it into the Argyll scenery and walked away with cuts and bruises. Interior a bit flimsy but the 1.5 engine is sweet.

obelix
    Free Member

Drive a friend of mine’s from time to time. Always fun, would buy one if I was looking for a hatchback. Suzuki, as with most Jap brands, are reliable, as confirmed by my 2003 Jimny.

tandemwarriors

Had 4 as driving school cars. Superb. The earlier ones had the option 1.5 engine, but the later model with the 1.2 felt as nippy. 45+mpg easy. One had a battery which failed after 6 months, but considering the grief they got from pupils, they never missed a beat.
    And following from Waderider, a kindly Argyll policeman stuck his Mitsubish Outlander into the side of Swift no2, which did an excellent job of looking after me. Very highly recommended. My dealer (Pearson Suzuki of Largs & Wymess Bay) were brilliant too.

Rob

squirrelking
    Free Member

I was about to say it’s Suzuki central round my way but Rob seems to have beaten me.

Swift Sport is supposed to be a fun hatch if that’s what you’re after otherwise the blue rinse brigade seem to rate them (which is no bad thing). Would appear to be the new Honda…

tron
    Free Member

We went to test drive one with something like 50k on the clock. The interior looked absolutely shagged. It looked like a car that had done 150k. So if you keep cars for a while, you might want to look elsewhere. Residuals are good though!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Not just interiors on zooks that get shagged.

They are the only thing ive seen up here that rot out quicker in the winter conditions in the north east than land rovers and (pre 08) mercedes vitos!

My mates vitara and then his jimny both required heaps of welding ( sills and the rear of chassis behind bumper ) before they reached 8 years old- suzuki insist on stupid plastic trim. Looks good but like a mini cooper body kit just hides an compounds the issue.

trambler

Got a 1.2 Swift 2011 model. Economical, reliable and good spec for money, engine has to be revved to get the best out of it, otherwise it can feel a bit gutless. The ride is reasonably firm, but the trade off is it corners well . Had an old Swift 52 plate prior and this one is a completely different animal build quality wise, current one is loads better and both have been reliable. Old one had a few corrosion issues but this one as you’d expect is fine.

rascal
    Free Member

Tron and Trailrat – is that the case with newer ones?
    Will be looking at something a couple of years old with less than 25k on the clock hopefully.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Rascal. Its not about how it is when you buy it its about how it deteriorates if you plan to keep it.

For me – i look about. How many +10yo zooks do you see?

I dont see many – and i like a good sj/vit/jimny.

How ever where you live will have great effect. In north east scotland its not about which car wont rust – it which car rusts slowest 🙂

Inbred456
    Free Member

Mrs Inbred had the 1.3 diesel. Superb in every way. Economic, comfortable great ride. I’m 6ft 4″ and could fit no problem. Never missed a beat. Would highly recommend.

trevron73
    Free Member

Iv ehad a swift sport for 7 1/2 years ,had it from new , 92000 miles now , only ever needed tyres and servicing, great fun car to drive ,also got a Civic 10 plate, slow and heavy by comparison ,Suzuki is fun and fast always leaves a grin on my face -it loves being ragged hard .

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Suzuki Swift’ is closed to new replies.