Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Suunto Ambit…anyone have one as an alternative to a Garmin Product?
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

Getting into my running quite a bit, but also a climber and mountaineer (as well as mountainbiker!) so want a watch that does everything; will record my runs, distance, speed etc, Altimeter / Barometer etc . I currently have a Sunnto Altimax which I am thinking of Ebaying to go towards the Suunto Ambit. I am hoping this would replace the altimeter / barometer function as well as add the gps function for running. Everyone seems to go for Garmin products , wondering if anyone has the Ambit? I’d use it on the bike too, dont really want to use a mapping function (so would exclude a Garmin Edge 800 for example) i dont need it. Just want to record my runs/rides/walks etc.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

all you will ever need to know

DC Rainmaker

itsmygame
    Free Member

Awesome I love mine. The altimeter is spot on and the new update is due out soon. New features to follow.

Get one.

Now

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    mikertroid
    Free Member

I bought one a couple of months back. Is a great fitness tool and not bad for nav too. The Garmin Fenix is probably a better nav device (as you can create routes – albeit laboriously – on the watch) but not so good in fitness analysis.

The Nov update should include ANT+ compatibility and a few other tweaks too 🙂

surfer
    Free Member

I dont have an Ambit but I would love one. I run every day and use a Garmin 305. I cant really see the Ambit beating that for usability and they are less than 1/3 rd of the price.
    I had a Suunto and sold it. I love the concept but when out I would never use the compass as I would have a proper one. The temperature sensors dont work well and the Altimeter is accurate if you recalibrate it often.
    Dont get me wrong I love them but i would never rely on one. Just my opinion.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

thanks for the replies so far folks. I’d not rely on the compass either, not too fussed about that its the altimeter / barometer i want as well as all the functions for running and training and being out in the hills. Seems like it’s a tool that will fit my requirements.

T666DOM

It’s a great piece of kit. Easy to use, nice and chunky looking. Suunto release updates occasionally with updated and new features. The GPS on mine is more reliable than my iphone, but i cant comment on how it compares to a dedicated GPS unit.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Well I’ve ordered the ambit with HR monitor from CRC. Got good deal…£319.00 with discount code and £9.50 cash back from quidco…bargain. Can’t wait to use it !

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Suunto Ambit…anyone have one as an alternative to a Garmin Product?’ is closed to new replies.