Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Sutton Bank and Dalby Forest
  • m360
    Free Member

Went to Dalby on my way home today…£7 to park the car?!?! A bit steep I reckon, so left.

Didn’t realise there was a bike shop and centre at Sutton Bank so pulled in for a look as I drove past Ended up doing the red route whilst I was there 🙂 Parking was £2.20.

The route was a pretty good cross country route, worth a look, and I really enjoyed the man-made sections which were super smooth, super quick singletrack. Some hellish steep climbing sections though!

It had me thinking. I was on a rigid 26″ bike, riding an XC route, and paying £2 for parking. It was like 15 years ago all over again.

whitestone
    Free Member

I thought that a combination of the red and blue at Sutton Bank gave the best route as it avoids repeating the ride out to the edge of the scar. The only steep climb I thought was at the far end of the red route leading up from the bottom road.

Kahurangi

There’s a steep climb up from Kirkby Knowle. Yeah, it’s on the return leg.

This one

You ought to remember it, it was the only steep bit up.

I really enjoyed the route, big smile on my face that day. The sun and dry trails may have helped.

igm

Lovely down hill off the ridge on the red route. Rest not so great although the green bit at the beginning is fun.

I broke the spindle of my cranks on the climb back up though.

whitestone
    Free Member

@jon Taylor Yes that’s the one.

My personal preference for the trails would be:

Avoid the first loop over the road from the centre. Head out along the road and through the fields to get to the scar edge, follow the red route all the way round until you get back up to the edge again (almost the same point as you first reached it on the way out) now head along the edge and do the blue loop, pick up the climb again but when you get to the edge turn right and ride back to the centre.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Sutton Bank and Dalby Forest’ is closed to new replies.