Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • Sutra LTD or Croix de Fer? (Or Diverge…)
  • Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Anyway. Kona Sutra LTD on order. I’m sure I’ll like it.

kiwijohn

About time.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

lol

(good deal in the sales, too)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    scud
    Free Member

I think it depends whether you want a CX type (gravel) bike which will always be slightly compromised off road, or as per original opening post, you want a bike that would be capable of Tour Divide type riding?

I’ve had a Croix de Fer, OK bike, but heavy for the limited ability off road and now have a Salsa Fargo, again heavy, but much more capable off road and so comfortable.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Yep, that’s what I thought in the end scud. Sutra has an air of ‘if it looks rideable, it’s rideable’ about it. Roadhouse/C de F, less so.

I’ll know next week.

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Thread resurrection. Scud was right.

Kona Sutra LTD is a great bike, a little on the heavy side, but much better off-road than I was expecting.

I don’t get on with 1×11 – not enough range when you’re 50 miles in to a muddy and hilly off-road ride. Plus I’ve had endless trouble with the Sram shifter, but I’m putting that down to bad luck.

I’ve been unable to shake the idea that what I really want is a Rohloff Drove, so after the gears on the Kona stopped working yet again, I came home and ordered one. Thank you, Barclaycard.

Not sure yet what I’ll do with the Kona, probably sell it I guess. I should really just persevere and get the gears sorted once and for all, but I have a ‘one-last-time dream bike’ thing going on now.

I always wanted a drop-bars MTB, ideally it would have been a Roberts Roughstuff but you can’t get them any more.

teadrinker
    Free Member

Pipedreams new ALICE is very much a want in my camp at the moment, struggling to find a reason not too. I don’t need one, just a want!

thomthumb
    Free Member

Or a Diverge.

[quote]

Add the Specialized Awol to your list,[/quote]

I would have thought the sequoia would be a better comprimise for the OP than either of these. Not ridden one but they look nice.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘Sutra LTD or Croix de Fer? (Or Diverge…)’ is closed to new replies.