Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Sussex Muddy@rse Muddy@ngels #forjenn 2016 fundraising plans
  • twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Tonight’s news from Morvelo and their sweary socks (fabulous and full blooded response Morvelo – well done) has given me the kick up the backside to post here.

I run a mountain bike club of sorts, called Sussex Muddy@rse. We ride on them South Downs a lot, as well as other local singletrack hangouts in Sussex and Surrey.

My wife and a couple of the other girls in the Club have done some daft challenges over the last couple of years – they did the South Downs Way in day in 2014 and do some races and trailtrax events.

Like Charlies Angels but with green wigs and a collection bucket

This year they were pretty hard hit by Jenn’s death, with the result that they have dedicated their challenge this year to raising money for Macmillan.

Planned activities are:-

– Being sponsored to do the Trailtrax series – the more points, the more money
    – Cake sales and donation collecting at our Monthly Club rides (i.e. hanging out in car parks selling to the public)
    – Running a M@d Hatters tea party (Macmillan afternoon tea) somewhere unlikely e.g. between some switchbacks on a trail
    – Hosting a silent disco on the South Downs

Event 1 – 50 quid to the good

It struck me that we need to get the word out there to make sure that they raise as much as they can. We don’t need to promote the Club (its a voluntary Club with no membership fees and anything – we’re doing just fine) – I do want to blow their trumpet a bit – they have started the ball rolling by themselves. The target is £1000 this year for Macmillan.

Here’s the link to the main thread Muddy @ngels for Macmillan, Fundraising in 2016 which contains links to all the event threads.

If you see some people freezing cold in green wigs on your travels, bung them a quid or so please (next one, Firle Beacon, Easter Sunday)

If you want join in on the other events or help out organise, join the forum and post (painless and free).

Hope this is ok to post here (mods get in touch if not)

TM

SussexMuddy@rse #jennride in Oct 2015

SussexMuddy@rse #jennride in Oct 2015 – raising a cup of tea (and piece of cake) for Jenn

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Morning bump! 🙂
    Tm

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

afternoon bump 🙂
    TM

cyclistm
    Free Member

Night bump.

I’ll be keeping an eye out when I’m out and about.

Excellent work

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Thanks. They are superstars

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Monday Bump 🙂

proflexforever
    Free Member

Should be doing some work right now BUMP

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Its the avoiding finishing a document and dragging out lunch BUMP

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Must be time for a bump BUMP

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Look out for us tomorrow at Firle Beacon 🙂

timbur
    Free Member

Firle beacon, tomorrow?
    Are you ignoring the lovely weather that’s about to hit us?
    I salute your madness
    Tim 😆

timbur
    Free Member

I’m going to pop up for some cake so I hope you’ll be there!!!!

timbur
    Free Member

You’re all mad! Great cake though.
    Thanks
    Tim and herberts

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Waves at Timbur (and Herberts).

Impressive, wasn’t it?
    Tm

martinporter
    Free Member

Jeez! No one told me there’d be cake up on the downs.
    Mind you, I don’t think I need any more calories today.

timbur
    Free Member

The cake was top draw.
    You lot heading out in wind like that was madness.
    Well done
    😀

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Nice to see you again (Well nice for Mrs F- I was childcare today). Seems fitting that the last time we rode together was with Jenn in Brighton.
    Tm

timbur
    Free Member

I was trying to remember why you slummed it in my flat back then. It was bike related but I didn’t get further than that. Kids have addled my brain 😆

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

I *think* it was a bonfire night ride up to watch Lewes try and set light to themselves. But may not have been. Like you part of my memories have been erased to make room for the words to the Frozen songs *sigh*

You came up there with children just for some cake – and he calls us lot mad! 😀

TM

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Oh and if you were desirous thereof to support these ladies in their quest, you might consider going here and bunging a few quid for Macmillian.

Muddy@ngels fund raising for Macmillan #forjenn

TM

twiglet_monster
    Free Member

Quick update – The Muddy@ngels will be heading out to the first Trailtrax event on the 24th Apr. They will be doing the rest of the events too

If you’re there do say hello!

TM

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Sussex Muddy@rse Muddy@ngels #forjenn 2016 fundraising plans’ is closed to new replies.