Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Suspension woes
  • Terry-Tibbs
    Free Member

Good evening chaps, I have recently got a new bike (yay) the fork is a rock shox rev dual air the frame is a heckler with a Fox Float R air can. the front fork is wicked smooth and plush, the rear seems really sticky and despite running various pressures to get some joy out of it it remains really sticky, any ideas, will it bed in, how long, any quick fixes etc much appreciated.

PJM1974
    Free Member

It could be that the shock is taking time for the seals to bed in?

Terry-Tibbs
    Free Member

I thought it might be that, any idea how long it will take? had the bike 3 weeks but ridden it a lot

Shorty121
    Free Member

Sounds like plenty of time. Could you open it up and put some oil inside or try lubing the shaft (not being rude :P) to try and free it up a bit

glenh
    Free Member

That's called propedal!

Sadly you can't turn it off on a float r.

Terry-Tibbs
    Free Member

Ill try the rude shaft lubing first, then ill start complaining if its the pro-pedal thats removing all small bump sensitivity. I hope it cheers up, thanks for the help Shorty.

NorthCountryBoy
    Free Member

Has the shock got a red re-bound adjuster on it? If so make sure its not wound all the way in. This causes the shock to pack down, ie it will not rebound fast enough over continuous bumps so feels stiffer and stiffer. Its easy to check. So worth a look.

retro83
    Free Member

sounds like pro-pedal to me. I never understood why everyone raves about it personally. Having it removed from my Float R was the best upgrade my Meta ever had.

LoCo
    Free Member

Hi could be the propedal your feeling, as it can affect the small bump sensitivity and other low speed compression movements. What sag are you using? and where's the rebound set.
    Here's a link to the setup guide on the website:

http://www.locotuning.co.uk/tech-info.html

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Suspension woes’ is closed to new replies.