Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)
  • Suspension setup, plans, thoughts and help ?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I found the stock damping in my pitch was poop. The air chamber was too small which made it ramp up quickly, but also rebound quicker deeper in the suspension. And the rebound was at best a bit quick. A big volume air can made it better but not perfect as it stoped the suspension rebounding so quickly after big hits (after smaller hits it was relatively OK to start with). Geting it tuned by LOCO made a difference too.

mssansserif
    Free Member

I’ve got the 2012 non CTD shock/forks AM29-er and had a bit of a mess about the other week.

I set mine so I use nearly full travel I.e set sag as recommended then give it some deliberate abuse and make sure it nearly bottoms out. Add or reduce air as required.

As for rebound, what others have said ride along slowly on flat and bounce the suspension, I start full fast and then dual it back till it bounces and settles quickly. Front a touch faster than rear.

weeksy

Just dropped over to see my LBS at Rotec Cycles. Reasons were 2 fold, 1 to cycle the bike…about 6km round trip and 2, to get him to bounce up and down on the squishy bits.

His thoughts were that the front has too much pressure and not enough rebound. Rear pressure was fine, but slightly too much rebound.

Hard to say really as I can hardly even bounce on it to guage if there’s any performance change, but I’m happier now someone else has had a bounce on it. He’s a good rider so knows more than I do anyway

Viewing 3 posts - 41 through 43 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘Suspension setup, plans, thoughts and help ?’ is closed to new replies.