Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Suspension service and setup?????!!!!
  • marcfoy89
    Free Member

Hi, I am looking for the best place to get my forks and shock serviced, and then setup properly for my weight and riding type. I am from Blackburn Lancashire and would prefer to take them to a shop rather than send them away, help

Bregante

Someone will be along shortly with the name of the place in Horwich that I’ve forgotten.

Bregante

What are the chances? It’s me!

http://www.reboundsuspension.co.uk

Not used them myself yet but a few on here have.

marcfoy89
    Free Member

Would they help me set them up properly as well, recently both my forks and shock feel like crap! I was hoping for someone to show me how to set them up so that I am getting the most from them and for future reference? Closest bike shop to me is ewood bikes but I don’t trust them from past experiences!

Bregante

Dunno. Give them a call and ask?

And put some feedback on here if you do use them. Mine could do with some TLC (forks, shock and reverb)

Sancho
    Free Member

Best thing they can do is advise you.
    After all a fork and shock setup for one person can be crap for another, also set up can vary for sertain rides, depending how much you are prepared to learn about the set up.

I find it all quite easy to fiddle with.
    first thing is sag, I go for between 20 – 30% sag, or even 40% sag on the scout.

But the rebound and compression, it depends on your fork and how you ride and the terrain, so no one setting will be correct for everything.

I susually work on wind everything off, then wind on all settings by a third. Then ride and get a feel for it. Personally I dont like a lot of damping, other people I know use a lot of damping.

I would recommend learning how it all works and take pleasure in your knob twiddling.

wa202
    Free Member
    ultimateweevil
    Free Member

TF are running a workshop thing where they teach you about setup etc plus there’s riding included to help you get your bike setup. Think it’s about £300.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Suspension service and setup?????!!!!’ is closed to new replies.