Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Suspension Seatposts- best of both worlds or rubbish comprimise?
  • metoo
    Free Member

Do lots of long distance xc-y stuff but not made of money- would a suspension post help take the sting out of a HT?

…or do they bob up and down and sap energy/make seasick?

Not sure I’ve ever seen one out on the trails either?!

Any thoughts?

RealMan
    Free Member

Thoughts? They look a bit rubbish. Maybe run a bit less air in your rear tyre/stand up a bit more?

sambob
    Free Member

Would you really want the distance between your hips and the bb to change whilst riding?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

thudbusters don’t alter the bb / seat distance so don’t suffer hugely with bob. They just work. Still a bit odd tho

Brainflex

I have used Use post for years, no issues with changing height and they do a great job of taking the sting out of rocky/bumpy trails.

MrTall
    Free Member

I’ve had a Thudbuster for a few years and think it’s fantastic. Used to be in my HT and now it’s on the SS. Very noticeable if i swap a standard post back in as it just works well without you noticing it. I found it really took the sting out of my old Trek HT.

Not pretty though and not cheap. Maybe see if you can demo one before you buy?

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

I have also used Use XCRs for years – no problem with bob and they take the sting out of the trail. They mak a lot more difference than changing your tyre pressures will.

Only problem with the telescopic style is that the saddle needs to be fairly centrally held on its rails so your weight is directed down the post – if you are at an extreme the post won’t be able to work so well.

I saw someone with a neoprene cover over a thudbuster and it looked quite discrete, although his cover didn’t have the graphics on:

http://www.google.co.uk/#q=thudbuster+cover&hl=en&safe=off&prmd=ivns&source=univ&tbm=shop&tbo=u&ei=T_3QTcrgFsKahQfhm93yDA&sa=X&oi=product_result_group&ct=image&resnum=3&ved=0CC4QzAMwAg&fp=4a16ff2329d75f15&biw=1262&bih=858

ratadog

+1 for the thudbuster and the neoprene cover, although more to keep the rubbish out than for its looks. Any bike with me sitting on it ain’t going to be a looker.

snowpaul
    Free Member

hello,
    I use a thudbuster with a cover – looks way better with it – my mrs also uses a thudbuster – both of us use hardtails and ride a fair bit = they work really well. When I put mt thomson back on I really notice it…

They are simple to maintain and really take the worst of the trail out – still quick when sprinting etc – come into their own on long day rides…

not had the ‘ knee problems ‘ people mention.

I rate them – unimpressed with use ones…

paul

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Plus you have the advantage of a HT in a very direct relationship between putting the power down and the bike accelerating.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Suspension Seatposts- best of both worlds or rubbish comprimise?’ is closed to new replies.