• This topic has 4 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by LoCo.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Suspension issue
  • mcobie
    Free Member

I’ve got a set of Fox Float RL 32 forks which came with the bike I bought second hand. Ever since getting the bike I’ve always struggled to get the full travel out of the forks.

I’ve stripped the lowers, replaced the seals, put new oil in to the correct level (in the upper and lower chambers) yet I’m still only getting 50% of the travel at best…even during a trip to BPW.

Any one have any ideas what the issue might be?

jonk

Most 32 floats never get full travel IME, i had some RLC 32 and some plain R’s and could never bottom them. One problem is there could be too much float fluid in the air chamber.

Superficial
    Free Member

Fox 32s are notorious for not using the last 30mm ish of travel. Only getting 50% travel isn’t right though.

What happens when you let all the air out? Can you compress them fully in that case? If not, they’re probably hydro-locking because of fluid in the wrong place – probably on the damper side.

mcobie
    Free Member

Thanks for the feedback.

I double check the compression once I’ve let the air out – if that fails they’ll go off to Mojo…or maybe just buy a set of Pike’s.

Thanks again.

LoCo
    Free Member

Most likely fluid transfer into the air chamber from the oil bath, air seal & foam ring (if fitted) need to be replaced with scraper ring, if they’re doing this a full service would probably be advisable.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Suspension issue’ is closed to new replies.