Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Suspension fluid
  • djen83
    Free Member

I’ve accidently used 7.5wt instead of 10wt in my Fox Floats. Does anybody know whether this would make any difference? And if so… and so?

Cheers

Dave.

nuke

IIRC Fox don’t do 7.5wt anymore and you use 10wt instead. Been using it with my forks and can’t say I noticed a difference

legend
    Free Member

slightly less damping. depending on the adjustments you’ve got you’ll probably be able to adjust your settings slightly to compensate

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Depends which make of 7.5wt and which make of 10wt. It’s not a standardised measurement, so lots of latitude between manufactures. See this.

lipseal
    Free Member

I used shell synthetic 10wt but going back to 7.5 as the rebound is either on or off with the 10wt. So I’m going to try rock oil 7.5 and see how that goes.

LoCo
    Free Member

As Tucker says viscosity varies between different manufacturers oils, 7.5 is fine up to about 13.5/14 stone riders as a rough guide.

ruscle
    Free Member

Fox have 2 different types of 10wt oil, as far as I can see the Green 10wt is basically a 7wt oil as this is the 1 you use if your fork should/used to take a 7wt oil. so don’t worry about it I reckon!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Suspension fluid’ is closed to new replies.