Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Suspension seat post
  • gizzymo
    Free Member

This suspension seat post looks like it might work pretty well on a HT
    http://www.cirruscycles.com/collections/all

Is there anything similar in the uk?

Or would it just take the fun out of it.

I like the idea you can adjust it unlike the springs seatposts which seem too bouncy. I’ve never actually used one, what are they like

z1ppy
    alaric

Biggest issue I see with them is getting your seat height right – I’m pretty sensitive to seat height and can’t see how it will ever be spot on if it’s constantly moving…

I’m sure someone has tried them and will have a more informed opinion, though…

nickjb
    Free Member

Not really sure who these are aimed at. If you are riding rough terrain then stand up. If you need suspension then the best place for it is between the wheels and the frame.

Brainflex

Love my Use posts. Yes the seat height changes on bumps when sat down but in reality it makes bugger all difference.It really saves my back on longer sat down climbs and aids traction by letting the wheel lift a little over bumps.

Slogo
    Free Member

cane creek thudbuster is really good. comes with a few different polymer inserts so you can choose the stiffness.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Would love to see the OP’s post meeting mud, or even the muddy lanes of Hampshire at the moment! 😀

If you want that sort of suspension, try standing up a little. Amazing shock absorbers right there in your legs.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Suspension isn’t about comfy seat. You need to be able to move the bike under you, which means getting off the seat. Sitting is for relaxing between the fun bits. Bouncy seat likely has no damping and no better than a pogo suspension on a BSO.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Suspension seat post’ is closed to new replies.