Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Surround headphones recommendations
  • rwc03
    Free Member

A little follow on from the other thread, I was having a look at building a surround system but I thought what’s the point if I can’t actually use it. It’s slightly anti social but I work changeable hours at the moment. I was hoping for a do it headphone system for music, movies, and the occasional game.

I had a look at the wireless Sony headphones which seem pretty decent but any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Budget is dependent on how worthwhile it would be, thanks in advance.

CountZero

Pretty sure ‘surround’ headphones are pretty much redundant, a quality pair giving good stereo will be more than adequate, the earpieces cannot contain enough drivers, spread far enough apart, to reproduce the effect of a 5.1 or 7.2 surround, any more than a spacebar can.

slowoldman

CountZero – Sony don’t seem to agree.
    Sony 9.1 headphones
    I’ve never heard them though.

rwc03
    Free Member

Hmm, best try them for myself, thanks all

Drac

I use them on my PC and PS4 for gaming they work just fine giving you a good impression of surround sound. The ones I use would be no use really for watching TV as they have a built in mic.

marmaduke
    Free Member

I just read this as part of some research and it looks like many systems fair worse that a stereo-downmix. http://downloads.bbc.co.uk/rd/pubs/whp/whp-pdf-files/WHP250.pdf

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Surround headphones recommendations’ is closed to new replies.