Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Surrey to afan/cwmcarn how long?
  • alansd1980

A quick look on google maps reckons afan is 3.45 and cwmcarn is 3 hours from Epsom area.

Been to both before and don’t remembering it to take so long. Can anyone tell me from personal experience?

Cheers

Nobby

Anything from 3 to 8 hours depending on M25/M4 traffic.

njee20
    Free Member

Yep, sounds about right to me I’d have said.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

yep, sounds about right, I’ve done Richmond to Cwmcarn in 2hours 30 but wouldnt recommend it 😉

nickjb
    Free Member

I’ve found google maps times to be pretty accurate. Sounds about right. Since the put the variable speed limits in on the M4 they’ve been enforcing the 70 limit too (Apparently over 77mph)

kimbers

Leave at 6am and 2h30 is fine for cwmcarn

spacemonkey

We used to leave a similar part of Surrey at 6:00 on a Saturday morning and arrive in Afan for brekky before 9:00. Then spend the remainder of Sat on the trails, followed by getting completely mullered in Royston Vasey Neath before riding all day Sun and heading home. Happy days.

luke0912
    Free Member

Went from croydon to cwmdown 2 weekends ago took about 3 and a half hours on sat moning at 6 am and 5 hours back on sunday evening as the m25 was really busy.

alansd1980

Cheers folks, will set off six and if we make good time push on to afan but if it’s much more than two and a half hours just stop at cwmcarn. Coming back Sunday evening but as it’s the bank holiday I am hoping m25 won’t be as bad.

tonyg2003

Hi on the way back don’t do M4/M25. Come off at Bracknell and head down to M3 or A3. Saves loads of jams (in-laws live in Abergavenny so do this route all the time).

torihada
    Free Member

tonyg2003 – Member
    Hi on the way back don’t do M4/M25. Come off at Bracknell and head down to M3 or A3. Saves loads of jams (in-laws live in Abergavenny so do this route all the time).

ssshhh, don’t tell everyone.

Getting around London is the bane of my life; I just need to learn to accept the fact that its going to be a PITA.

We’re off to BPW in a couple of weeks, leaving from SE London; we usually leave at 5:30 – 6:00 am, breakfast at 8:30 aiming to be there for 9:30 am. CyB requires a 5 am departure at the latest for 10 am start, if we’re lucky.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Surrey to afan/cwmcarn how long?’ is closed to new replies.