Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Surrey pub quiz.
  • zippykona

We go to the Dukes Head in Tadworth. Good quiz and food but we need a change.
    Where do you go?
    Does it have nice food and a music round?
    Just a music quiz would be even better.

aroyalnit
    Free Member

When I lived in Epsom, I knew a guy called Gavin that runs pub quizzes around the area. Nice guy, has a lot of stories to tell!

Not sure how up to date it is, but he has a list of his current gigs here:

http://www.djgavin.co.uk/quizzes

Probably worth giving him a shout to see if the list is current.

servo
    Free Member

Try the Rifleman in Epsom. Really nice pub and home cooked burgers/wraps etc. Think they do a quiz on the first Wednesday of the month.

Our Wednesday evening group rides tend to avoid the Dukes Head as we all find the quiz guys voice really annoying! 😀

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    zippykona

That is really useful, thanks.

NigE5
    Free Member

Once a month Bricklayers Arms Shamley Green.
    we came last last Christmas and won the booby prize, but did very well in the raffle.
    Or Jolly Farmer Bramley, I think that’s weekly

wombat

It might be on the limit of your travel radius but I can recommend an excellent Pub Quiz in The New Inn, Thrintoft* which is held on the 1st Thursday of each month

*Yes, that it Thrintoft in North Yorkshire but it is an excellent quiz night…..I know because I’m the quizmaster 😉

servo
    Free Member

Barley Mow in Epsom also does a quiz on Monday

bubs

The Plough in Redhill (nice green part rather than Sarf london ghetto part) holds a good quiz on Wednesdays. The beer is pricey though and it is quite a small pub which means it is often standing room only.

skaifan
    Free Member

The Sovereigns in Woking used to do a quiz on Monday and Wednesday nights. Possibly Sunday’s too. Not sure if it still does. Nice pot of car park tokens if you win but a: It’s in Woking. And b: It’s in Woking.

slowoldman

I tend to find that as pub quizzes tend to be based on a lot of TV output and very little from Radio 3, I’m a bit rubbish at them.

zippykona

Barley Mow in Epsom also does a quiz on Monday

We used to do that one til the day we asked for milk with our hot drinks.
    It was like we’d called all the bar staff a bunch of ****. Not very friendly at all.

spacemonkey

<quote>Rifleman in Epsom?</quote>

Jeez, that place must have changed a lot. Used to drink in there over 10yrs ago to watch the occasional footy match. I remember it being a sh1thole of a Chelsea pub.

<quote>The Sovereigns in Woking used to do a quiz on Monday and Wednesday.</quote>

We’ve done a few quizzes in the Ogilvy over the last 3 yrs. Nice pub. Decent bit of grub and a few different beers on tap.

sbob
    Free Member

Team name: walking talking Stephen Hawking.

spacemonkey

Team name:

(among others is often):

Quiz on my face

Fantombiker

On the basis of this thread, visited the rifleman in Epsom. Full of middle aged men with beards in trendy jeans…..obviously other stw’ers also attended. Not bad at all though

choppersquad
    Free Member

We used to go to The Seahorse in Shalford years ago and they did a pub quiz on a Sunday night which was all music based.
    It was great because it was the only pub quiz we actually stood a chance of doing any good in.
    I think it’s gone a bit trendy now so might not still be doing them?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Surrey pub quiz.’ is closed to new replies.