Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Surrey hills…spicy trails?
  • rollindoughnut
    Free Member

I know the Surrey hills reasonably well from an xc point of view. I’ve linked up all the woods and ridden most of the trails on all kinds of bikes. Favorites were always over in Winterfold although Pitch is a lovely place too.

Was thinking about dragging my Blue Pig out from the shed after a season of road, xc and cross racing and going for a damn good play.

The fiercest routes I can think of would be the four or five short ways down from the top of Pitch to the road, we had some fun on them a couple of years ago. Anywhere else that might scare me a bit?

sofabear
    Free Member

The jump trails on Winterfold? But I guess you already know about them.

Wire In The Blood on Ranmore gets a bit spicy (for me), don’t know what else there is over though.

I think Pitch is probably your safest bet but then I don’t ride the steep stuff. 🙁

Gotama
    Free Member

There’s c.8 trails off the top of pitch now, personal favourite is thick and creamy which is off the left side from the viewpoint.

Probably better on ranmore or Redlands if you just want steeper techy stuff though.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    sofabear
    Free Member

I’d love to know where Redlands actually is. Not because I want to ride it but just out of curiosity.

Sui
    Free Member

tis easy, bottom of Leith (Dorking side). From the coldhourbour pub back to Dorking and it’s on your right hand side! Look on google maps, pick Leith and then look for Mid Holmwwod – it’s in between that!

uselesshippy
    Free Member

Redlands is a bit secret, mainly because its private, and your not supposed to ride there. Please don’t advertise it on the internet.
    Try looking on strava heatmaps op. A lot of good trails very near pitch, its just a bit hard to explain how to get to them.

sofabear
    Free Member

Sui – Member

tis easy, bottom of Leith (Dorking side). From the coldhourbour pub back to Dorking and it’s on your right hand side! Look on google maps, pick Leith and then look for Mid Holmwwod – it’s in between that!

Ah, thanks. 🙂

uselesshippy – Member

Redlands is a bit secret, mainly because its private, and your not supposed to ride there. Please don’t advertise it on the internet.

I didn’t appreciate it’s private land so my apologies if I have ‘outed’ the place.

freeridenick
    Free Member

Dragon

superfli
    Free Member

Chase the dragon, Regurgitator

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Surrey hills…spicy trails?’ is closed to new replies.