Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Surrey Hills – Telegraph Poles
  • kilo

I've been sorting out a route there for a ride with some freinds. I managed to find the bottom of the Telegraph Poles coming from Felday Glade at Holmbury St Mary ok and then followed a narrow track to the side (left side as you descend Telegraph Poles)of this which took me up to a wide track, which cuts across Telegraph Poles at about halfway, where the narrow track then ended, so how do I get to the top of Telegraph Poles from here?

spacemonkey

I/we turn off to the the right about 3/4 of the way down TR, head kind of "naturally" anti-clock over some swoopy stuff, straight across (over a bridleway), then split right, go down a nice little rolling bank, onto the fire trail, turn right and follow back up (to the fort or wherever you want to go).

MrWoppit
    Free Member

You'll need some crampons and a waist sling.

dmetcalfe
    Free Member

lol @woppit !! i normally start at yoghurt pots, and then turn on to telegraph.
    here are some good descriptions: diary of a mountain biker

spacemonkey

Following on from what dmetcalfe says, if you start at the fort, you can do Yoghurt Pots (turn left just after the start of Park Life, turn left up the bank at the end, return to the start and do Park Life proper – take second exit at the "crossroads" and then immed left to start of TR.

PS people have different names for PL/YG, but you'll know what I mean when you're there

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills – Telegraph Poles’ is closed to new replies.