Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Surrey Hills singletrack routes
  • mcboo
    Free Member

I’m taking Weds off, hope to have a pal with me but might be on my own. Not from those parts but have ridden Holmbury, Leith etc before, had a great old time on Summer Lightening (and the big long bit that comes after it) but always had the feeling I’m missing out on trails that I dont know are there so spend a lot of time on bridlepaths.

Anyone got the definative, knock your lights out Surrey Hills route for me to follow? 4/5hrs fine, long as you like, like to ride as much of the twisty stuff as possible. Will prob get the train to Dorking but flex on start.

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

look on bikely…

spacemonkey

Most recommendations would be to seek out Nirvana (Westcott) or Pedal n Spoke (Peaslake) > chat to folk in there and pick up a couple of maps. Even so, you’ll probably struggle to get a lot in because you’ll likely miss a bunch of turns etc and therefore overshoot some of the trails.

You might find someone here to hook up with. I’m aiming to get out that way mid-Wed pm but need to clear a load of work first.

If you don’t have a car then Dorking or Gomshall are your best staring points.

Do a search on here (and Google) to find various trail stuff. There are a fair few other sites dedicated to the area so you should be able to at least have some idea beforehand.

mcboo
    Free Member

I’ve got my Garmin at the ready, hoping one of you guys has had the mother-of-all days down there and can let me follow the breadcrumbs….

dorkingtrailpixie
    Free Member

If you’re taking Wednesday off then joining the Nirvana Wednesday ride would be the best bet. Leaves the shop in Wescott at 11.00am for around a 3-4 hour ride.

mcboo
    Free Member

Ah perfect, might well do that. Thanks

winterfold
    Free Member

YGM in case you cant hook up with Nirvana

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills singletrack routes’ is closed to new replies.