Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Surrey Hills riders – advice please
  • filks

Anyone know a good route between barry knows best and top of Holmbury hill? I don’t know the area well, will be there tomorrow and wanted to get from bkb to the top of Holmbury avoiding just climbing the road to the car park near the top and going from there.

Anyone know a cheeky or at least off road route?

TIA

mattjg
    Free Member

At the bottom of bkb don’t drop to the road, turn hard right and follow the double track up the climb – 200 metres or so – then right again at the top and in a few mins you’ll be back at the top of bkb.

Cross the road, bear right, reservoirs to your left and follow the obvious major track uphill.

filks

Thanks – so up the steep (at least to me!) climb and turn right again and ride up parallel to the road? Or is there an obvious trail?

I’ll look out for the other bit across the road from the top of bkb. Nice one

deviant
    Free Member

How is this area riding ATM?
    Got a few days off this week and fancy a change from the usual Cesar’s Camp/MOD land stuff I ride with my winter HT.
    Mud tyres required or usual rubber OK at the moment?

mattjg
    Free Member

Thanks – so up the steep (at least to me!) climb and turn right again and ride up parallel to the road?

Yes. First right, up, first right.

mattjg
    Free Member

Mud tyres required or usual rubber OK at the moment?

Holmbury – normal rubber year round IMO.

I was on Pitch Hill on Sunday, that’s pretty sloppy now and it’s rained more since.

deviant
    Free Member

Cheers, if you see somebody with a handlebar moustache (it is Mo’vember after all) don’t be scared, it’s just me!

filks

Nice one!
    My first tubeless ride so if you see someone with loads of tubes frustrated with a small pump that’ll be me….

mattjg
    Free Member

You’ll be fine tubeless as long as the tyre is loose enough you can get it off trailside to put a tube in.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Surrey Hills riders – advice please’ is closed to new replies.