Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Surrey hills – Conditions
  • joolsburger
    Free Member

Hey all can anyone let me know what it’s like over there at the moment please?

J

glenp
    Free Member

Snow is hanging around and has gone icy where compacted. But it was noticeably softer in the woods this morning, so I guess we can look forward to mushy slushy with rutty icy bits this weekend. Personally I’d rate it better for a walk than a cycle, but riding not impossible by any means.

joolsburger
    Free Member

I figured it would be slushy but often snow and ice hang around over there.

Thanks for the update.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Pretty mixed. Snow still lying, some hard stuff, some mush, some mud. Ok, but agree that could be a weekend for running not biking, the opposite of last weekend. Time to let the trails breathe?

joolsburger
    Free Member

Might pop over to leith/ranmore for a change.

Gotama
    Free Member

Yeah, went out last night and it was pretty bad. Deep ish slush on the fireroads, very wet on trails. They’re also logging the central section of pitch it seems so the machine is churning up those fireroads but also blocking the two good trails which run through the middle, i forget the names.

dashed
    Free Member

Still sloppy muck over there or have things improved at with the dry(er) weather we’ve had?

rewski
    Free Member

A few have said BKB was dry and winterfold ok, might head over sunday

nuke

It has been drier but that made a lot of the mud claggy/sticky…had a mare of a time on Ranmore/White Down last Sunday

freeridenick
    Free Member

it rained last night again…

heihei

Holmbury was running nicely in many places last night. We had a bit of rain overnight but not a deluge.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Surrey hills – Conditions’ is closed to new replies.