Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Surly Pugsley Tyre pressure for trail centre ?
  • moose2008
    Free Member

Just finished building my pugsley with Rohloff hub and taking it for a spin around Dalby Forest tomorrow night. People seem to reccommend 5 – 12 psi pressures but is this just for sand and snow ?
    What pressure should I run when doing trail centres and harder surfaces ?
    What pressures should I run when riding soft sandyish ground on the moor tops?
    Any guideline advice for different pressures on different surfaces would be much appreciated, I don’t want to make too much adjustment on the ride because they’re big tires to be pumping up on the move.

coastkid
    Free Member

9 psi front, 10 psi rear will be fine,
    dont worry about pinch flats as its near impossible with the wide rims!

moose2008
    Free Member

Coastkid

Thanks. Is that a general psi for all surfaces ? or for harder trail centre ones ?

coastkid
    Free Member

regular trails, bit softer for the beach or snow

Mantastic
    Free Member

Ordered my pugsley few weeks ago, It is due to arrive mid to end of march. So excited, had many bikes over the years, but this one seems to have me more excited than usual. The days are passing very slowly

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Not ridden my fat bike (or any bike) since riding on flats for the first time in 6 years while at Llandegla on Dec 30th.

Jumped, saw feet off pedals in mid air, must have bounced on my 8psi Larrys so high I woke up 30 minutes later surrounded by paramedics, 3 nights in Wrexham hospital, 3 broken ribs, knackered thigh, hurting and blood all over.

Just remember one thing

FAT BIKES CAN’T JUMP (with me on board anyway)

moose2008
    Free Member

Mantastic.
    Know how you feel, the time does pass though. When I’ve had a couple of rides I’ll probably post my thoughts answering any questions that I had, incase anyone else had the same ones. Should be interesting with a Rohloff, really does make it a go anywhere bike. I’ll see if my off the shelf mudgaurds set up is safice, probably not thats why everyone doctors their own. Always knew that when the bike finally arrived and was built that the snow would have gone.

moose2008
    Free Member

JohnClimber
    Do you think that clip ins would have prevented your accident?

Mantastic
    Free Member

@moose. I test rode one last year for about 5 miles of singletrack, on firm singletrack. It was brilliant, so different from the norm( orange 5, cannondale f1000 and orange p7). It just made me smile, once I heard I could get a 22 inch complete I had to order. Think it will complement my other bikes perfectly.

epicyclo

moose2008 – Member
    JohnClimber

I think that heavy rotating wheels are going to give a different in the air experience from normal wheels.

coastkid
    Free Member

They can jump, with flats too…
    Been gonna make a film down GT freeride for a while, maybe soon…

74512_10150107278303378_778378377_7580191_8032300_n by coastkid71, on Flickr

singlespeedstu

Just remember one thing

FAT BIKES CAN’T JUMP

Fatbikes can jump. They just need the right rider in control of them.

moose2008 – Member

JohnClimber

I think a bit more skill would have prevented it myself…

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Singlespeedstu – You’re not wrong, but at least I was having a go.

moose2008 – “Do you think that clip ins would have prevented your accident?” – Who know’s but the last thing I remember was looking down while in mid air and seeing my feet off the front of the pedals, it was doomed to hurt upon landing from that moment onwards.

singlespeedstu

Maybe i was a bit harsh.

We can’t all be trailgods. 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

You “harsh” never 😕

flashes
    Free Member

Stunt fatbike…………………

singlespeedstu

JohnClimber – Member

You “harsh” never

You having any kind of bike control, never. 😉

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Sorry for not been a riding god like you so clearly are Stu :bowsdown:

singlespeedstu

No need to be sorry.

I don’t give a monkeys chuff how shite you are. 😆

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Surly Pugsley Tyre pressure for trail centre ?’ is closed to new replies.