Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Surly Larry
  • motozulu
    Free Member

Anyone running one as a front? (3.8 flavour) any good? Got the chance of a cheap 120tpi one and was wondering if they are decent or not, as if so – it’s a cheaper option to a Nate at 70 quid.

Ta.

flashes
    Free Member

I have had one up front on the Pugsley for years, depends what you ride. I find them OK on most stuff except mud. Nates are way too OTT and draggy for me. I’ve ridden / raced on beaches, Singletrack, trail centres, etc….

futonrivercrossing
    Free Member

I’d buy a JJ over a Larry any day!

motozulu
    Free Member

Cheers, bought now anyway for 38 quid! I’ll stick it on the front and keep a JJ on the rear, the JJ’s are most deffo a bit skittish on the slimy stuff – so hopefully the Larry will be a bit more stable.

bedmaker

the JJ’s are most deffo a bit skittish on the slimy stuff – so hopefully the Larry will be a bit more stable.

😆

I think Bud is the fella you’re looking for!

motozulu
    Free Member

Maybe – but for 38 quid, I’ll take a chance. TBF, so far the JJ’s have been faultless, apart from said scariness of mud more than an inch deep.
    The Larry looks like a better bet and if I’m gonna gamble, I’ll gamble at 38 quid rather than 70.

dovebiker

Fine for sand IME, but not much cop in anything alse

motozulu
    Free Member

The Larry? you had one then?

bedmaker

I’ll gamble at 38 quid rather than 70

Seriously, there’s no gambling here.
    The Larry will be a terrible, terrible front tyre if you’re looking for something better in mud than a JJ.

I’ve ridden many miles on both. Larry is a great summer rear tyre but I wouldn’t put it on the front unless I was exclusively sand/gravel riding.

motozulu
    Free Member

FFS….anyone want to buy a brand new Larry? 😕

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Surly Larry’ is closed to new replies.