Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Surly knard tyres. Anyone used them .?
  • slightreturn
    Free Member

Wondered what they would be like to use on my Cannondale slate. 650b wheel
    Thanks

Ben_H

Love them in 700 (41) size. I commute on them on cobbles and have been mightily impressed.

ajantom

Used em on the Krampus in 29+ flavour for a year or so.
    Great, fast rolling tyre in the dry. Suited my local conditions in of sandy, pebbly and loamy earth. Not the best in slop, or wet rooty conditions, though with a bit of finesse they’re not too bad.
    I could never get them to go up tubeless though. Which was why I changed to a Maxxis Chronicle front and a Vee Trax Fatty rear.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bedmaker

Great as long as there’s no mud. Very fast rolling and grippy enough in dry / loose conditions.

dovebiker

I have them in both 700 and 29+, as said great for dry, loose or hardpack but less suited to mud or wet

km79
    Free Member

As above I have them in 29+ and great for everything as long as it’s dry. I got mine setup tubeless on stans hugo rims with zero issues.

takisawa2

Used them year round on my Niner. If you accept they will obviously have a limitation in very muddy conditions then they are ok. They are in a different league to a Smallblock8 in terms of what grip they do have in mud.
    I like them.

ianbradbury

Used year round on Krampus. They go OK in mud, not the best, but usable. Really good the rest of the time.

wombat

I had a set of 29+ ones on my Krampus, I’d echo what’s been said above.

I’m currently running Dirt Wizards as the vast majority of my winter riding is on rooty, muddy, slidey stuff so I need all the GR I can get but I’ll be switching back to the Knards in the spring as they’re a great tyre for pretty much everything apart from the sloppy stuff.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Surly knard tyres. Anyone used them .?’ is closed to new replies.